Chapter One//Part Three: Desensitization

Desensitization

Holy hell did this mess me up… I’d sworn I had been desensitized to violence, but when something like that happens on the streets of London? God damn, Just the thought kept me awake for weeks; I kept thinking what could have possibly been going through that man’s head whilst this was happening? Could he think of anything other than the pain?

For a few weeks after this incident the rioting had calmed down a hell of a lot, as if the rioters had realised what they had caused to happen. Only a few little flare ups here and there happened, mostly looting and a few street fires.

But then shit hit the fan big style.

It started to spread like a disease. There were reports across the country of rioting and violence, but the reports were initially coming from the most bizarre places. Small villages, seaside towns and the countryside, but when they connected it spread further and more violently than anyone could ever imagine would be possible.

Soon it was a case of most of Britain’s major towns and cities had seen some sort of violence or chaos.

People were saying that the government needed to take a stand against the ‘hooligans’ ‘chavs’ and other ‘scum’ causing this.

And they did, 

On the 25th of November 2010, Britain’s government announced that, effective immediately the country was under martial law.

Shortly after this Announcement, there was a noise outside my house and a knocking upon my front door.