Chapter 23

Listen to song while reading

(Sids pov)

"Hey babe, time to get up and get ready for the parade, " Addie's melodic voice said pulling me out of my sleep gently. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Addie's beautiful face smiling down at me. Addie leaned down and I pecked her lips before falling out of bed to get ready for the day.

(Addie's pov)

I kissed Sid and then went downstairs and made some breakfast tacos. I was wearing a Stanley cup champions shirt and a pair of jean shorts with my black converse.

Sid and I ate and then we were off to the Consol energy center to get on the bus for the parade. Smile by Uncle cracker came on and I started singing it smiling at Sidney the whole time.

"Just the thought of you can drive me wild," Sid smiled brightly as he sung the lyrics smiling at me before looking back at the road.

I smiled brightly back leaning over and kissing his cheek before singing to the next song that came on the radio.

"We have arrived," Sid said smiling as we got out of his car and headed to the bus where a few other players were waiting.

"Hey boys," Sid greeted smiling.

"Hey we need to talk," said Chris Kunitz dragging Sid away so I was on,y left with the wife's and girlfriends.

"I wonder what that was about?" I questioned to Amanda who was James Neal's new girlfriend. I know you're wondering what happened to Alex and James well we all found out she cheated on him and got knocked up. James was crushed and we all helped him through it.

"Who knows," she shrugged smiling while her eyes hinted that she knew. I just shrugged it off and sat beside her and talked with her and Maureen Kunitz until the boys came back, but now it was the whole team instead of just a few of the guys.

"Hey guys," I greeted smiling and hugging a few of them.

"Alright boys and ladies if you please. Make it to the top if the bus," Dan announced smiling brightly. All the guys raced up the stairs while all of the wives and girlfriends who were aboard waited for all the boys to get to the top.

"Babe be careful," Sid said as I walked over to him and stood by him.

"I should be telling you that," I said chuckling and kissing his cheek.

"I'm not the one who's clumsy," he said smiling brightly kissing me.

"You make me smile," I said kissing his cheek.

The bus then pulled out and you could hear all the screaming from all the fans before we even reached them. The city was defiantly with a great appreciation for all their boys. The boys deserved this moment they worked so hard to get there.

"Wave babe," Sid said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"They aren't here to see me sweetie," I told him smiling at him.

"Who wouldn't want to see superstar Sidney crosbyy beautiful girlfriend," Beau Bennett said smiling and winking as he lifted the cup above his head and all the fans cheered.

After the parade which was long we stood on the stage for the players to thank their city. I along with the other wives and girlfriends stood off to the side.

"First things first let's get a big round of applause for the wives and girlfriends of all these guys. These ladies have to put up with so much and do a lot to give back to Pittsburgh," everyone cheered and my face became red from all the attention. We all waved and smiled thanking the audience mentally.

After Dans long speech it was captain Sidney Crosby him selfs turn to thank all the fans and such.

"I would like to thank all of you amazing fans. We wouldn't be here without your support! You guys truly are the best fans in hockey and I'm proud to play for this team. I would also like to thank my family for helping me through my whole hockey career I wouldn't be half the player I am today without them. I care about each and everyone of these guys and they've all become like family to me and we fucking did it together! Every single one of these guys played a crucial part in this achievement. Most importantly Addie could you please come up here?" Sid asked looking at me.

I began frantically shaking my head 'no'. Sid came over and grabbed my hand and walked me back to the microphone.

"Sid what are you doing?" I whispered.

"You'll see," Sid said smiling and then grabbed the microphone off its stand and then walked me away from the podium as all eyes stared at us. Then Sid got down on one knee and everyone beg and touring as he held open a black velvet box with a gorgeous yet simple diamond ring.

"Addie I love you to the moon and back. You make me smile like a fool and forget how to breathe all the time. You've stuck with me through all the shit I put you through. I know I'm not any where close to perfect but you always make me feel like I am. I have loved all the crazy adventures we've been on and I want more than anything to continue making adventures with you and even have a family one day. You care about others before yourself and I admire that about you. You've taught me how to be loved and how to love something. You treated me like a normal guy even when we met at your job by chance. I've never been happier with anyone. You make me smile no matter how upset I am or how bad my day was. I swear I'll always be with you and I want you to be mine forever. Addie will you marry me?" Sid said smiling brightly.

I shook my head 'yes' and whipped my cheeks as tears streamed down them from Sids speech. Everyone began cheering loudly causing me to smile.

"I love you," I said hugging Sid closely to my body.

"I love you to beautiful," Sid said not being able to wipe off the goofy smile on his face. I couldn't either though even if I wanted to the smile wouldn't leave my face.

"You saying yes is even better than winning the cup," Sid winked smiling before kissing me and going back to his seat.

"Well I don't think I can top that," Chris Kunitz said as he came to the microphone to give his speech and everyone began laughing.

After all of the speeches were given and autographs were signed it was back to the Igloo to decide who got the cup when.

Today was absolutely and utterly perfect...