Chapter 7

"You know we need to keep this a secret until I graduate." I wove my feet into Liam's on the couch as he stroked my hair.

"I know." Liam sighed. "You're almost 18, and I'm almost 20."

"I wish I could be with you all day." I admired the ring he had given me.

"Me too." Liam kissed my head. "But you have school."

"Don't remind me." I padded into my closet and pulled on a white strapless dress with sandal heels and a flower necklace.

"Someone is looking gorgeous as always." Liam dropped the newspaper and kissed my cheek.

"You ready?" Harry barged in and his eyes got wide when he saw Liam shirtless. "Did he sleep over?"

"We didn't do anything." I blurted out. "He just sleeps that way."

"Okay." Harry swallowed whatever words he was about to cuss.

"Liam's driving me today." I waved grabbed my purse.

"Please let me drive you, Sawyer!" Harry begged. "It was my favorite part of the day even though you usually ignored me."

"Sorry, Harry. Liam's driving me." I walked out towards Liam's car.

As we pulled away, Harry yelled, "Don't forget to-"

But I rolled up my window and cut him off.

"Good luck at school." Liam kissed me long and hard.

"Bye." I slammed the door and Liam drove away.

I strutted into school leaving those who had seen me and Liam to taking photos and selling them to paps. I suddenly tripped in my heels, and crashed into someone.

"I am so sorry." I helped the person pick up their papers.

Then we reached for the same paper, and I looked up only to see that the person I had knocked into was a cute, but nerdy boy. I recognized him.

"You're in my music class, right?" I handed him his last folder.

"Yeah, I don't want to sound conceited, but we've been in the same class for eight years, and you still don't know my name." The boy stood up.

Then I remembered. "You're Thayer! We were best friends in year three."

"Yeah, and you're Sawyer Styles." Thayer turned and walked down the hall.

"Wait!" I chased after him. "I need some tutoring in trig, I fell behind when I was homeschooled. Can you help me at lunch and after school?"

"A Styles wants something from me?" Thayer fake-gasped.

"Hey, Sawyer." Anna waltzed up to me. "Why are you talking to this nerd?"

"This nerd is my friend." I stood up for Thayer.

"Whatever." Anna shooed Thayer away.

"I'll see you at lunch." Thayer mumbled.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked her.

"Yeah, he's a total geek. Anyways, I saw the photos of you and Liam." Anna smiled. "So how is the boyfriend?"

"He's fine." I pushed my bangs back.

"What is that?" Anna looked at my hand.

Oh no. I forgot to take the ring off.

"Ehrmagerd, is that what I think it is?" Anna held my hand up to her face.

"No, it's just a promise ring." I lied.

"Well that is one heck of a promise ring." Anna dropped my hand. "Hun, do you think I'm stupid? Don't answer that. Don't worry, I'll keep your secret safe."

Sister in the Shadows(A One Direction Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें