Bonus Chapter: Flamboyant Trio Special

Start from the beginning

"Just want to invite you to lunch." Tengen looped his arm around Kyojuro's shoulders. "How about it? It's hot this year, so let's get some nagashi somen and sake."

"Umu! Let's get some!"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"How's Kanamaru?" Kyojuro asked. Despite being blind, his hands never missed taking a noodle from the bamboo pipe, much to Tengen's amazement. "He visited me last month to deliver the medicine. I haven't seen him since."

"Well, you know." Tengen shrugged, sipping his sake. "He flies around a lot, mostly going to the Butterfly Estate or Kamado's house to banter with Ginko." Tengen was still surprised Ginko actually married another crow, and that crow was Tanjiro's crow. He still remembered Kanamaru's mocking words that resulted in a wedding full of wing-slapping fights. "Sometimes he disappears for a few days, probably visiting the kid, but he's mostly at the Butterfly Estate. I heard from Iguro that he's taken a liking to their kids, so he goes there often too."

"I'm glad he's doing well." Kyojuro nodded, shouting about how delicious the food was. "What about your children? Are they doing well?"

Tengen grinned, draping his arm over Kyojuro's shoulders. "Yeah, they're all doing fine. They're even as flamboyant as me." He puffed his chest up before scratching his cheek sheepishly. "But I think Kanamaru likes Inori Junior more. He even brought her flowers. Just yesterday, he brought her a four-leaved clover because she asked for it."

"You really named your daughter Inori?" Kyojuro couldn't contain his laughter.

"Don't laugh at me." Tengen lightly slapped Kyojuro's shoulder. "Hinatsuru wanted to name our first daughter that, and I couldn't refuse, especially after Suma and Makio sided with her. I'm fully convinced they wanted to name her that just so they can have someone named Inori call them mom."

"Would you have refused though?"

"Nah, I probably won't." Tengen chuckled, recalling his daughter who shared the same name as one of the greatest women he knew. "Of course, Inori Junior's got my flamboyant silver hair, her eyes are also mine, but her personality is just like Hinatsuru, a bit livelier but just like Hinatsuru. The kid would've loved her. I mean, a flamboyant and younger version of Hinatsuru? I bet she would've spoiled her rotten."

"She would've." Kyojuro nodded, slurping his noodles with a smile. "Senjuro burst into tears when he read her will for him. Even now, he still hasn't finished all the books she had left behind for him. We got him a private library and all just so he can fit everything in."

Tengen emptied the sake cup before refilling it again. "How about you? Anything interesting happening lately? Did you meet an interesting woman or two recently?"

"Nothing like that has happened so far." Kyojuro chuckled, accepting the sake cup Tengen gave him. He gulped it down, lost in thought. "I don't think that kind of thing is possible for me right now, health reasons and all."

"Why not?" Tengen asked, propping himself on his elbow. "You're only twenty-five, it's not that old. According to Kanamaru, Kanzaki said that you'll live longer as long as you drink the medicine. So, of course it's possible for you. What kind of woman interests you anyway?"

Kyojuro hummed, pondering over the question. Kanamaru did tell him that the effect of the marks wouldn't affect him that much as long as he took the monthly medicine, much to his family's relief. He just hasn't met anybody who sparked an interest within him.

"Well, things like that will happen naturally." At least Kyojuro hoped it would. Even if it won't, he's sure he can accept that. "But speaking of women, I think Senjuro has been seeing someone lately. He wouldn't tell me anything yet though."