Seeking Comfort in You

I can still hear the crowd screaming as he walks back stage. I just finished my performance of Just Hold On, on X-Factor, I am buzzing as i
open the door to the dressing room and see my 3 best friends and my little sister who came to support me. Instantly I feel overwhelmed with love, I don't  have long to be in my thoughts before I am pulled into the first hug of the night.

"Mate you were amazing your Mum would be so proud of you" Liam tells me as he releases our hug. "Thanks Payno, I appreciate you being here mate it means a lot." I tell him sincerely.

"Tommo Lad! You were amazing! Mumma Jay is smiling down on you man" Niall says pulling me into a tight hug. "Nailer mate thank you" I say releasing the hug.

I look over to see Harry comforting Lottie. I am happy that even though things have been weird for him and I lately and we haven't really been talking much I am happy he came and can be here for Lottie and I. I know loosing my mum was hard on him too. She was like a second Mum to Harry, just as Anne is a second mum to me. Harry then makes eye contact with me I give him a faint smile. He whispers something to Lottie and then starts walking towards me.

Harry pulls me into a hug, it takes me no time at all to wrap my arms around him and feel safe. "Lou I am so proud of you, you know that. I know that was hard for you to do not only do it solo but without your mum. But I know she is smiling down on you saying you did it baby you made it." Harry whispers in my ear. Tears start welling up in my eyes. "H-Haz I miss her so much" "I know Boo I know. But she's always with you, you know in your heart, your memories and in your sisters hell Lou just look in the mirror and parts of your mum are there. I am also here Lou even if it doesn't feel like it I am here. Just know that okay?" "Thanks Hazza, I missed you, you know." "I missed you too Lou" We release the hug after who knows how long to see all eyes on us.

"So... what's the plan" I cough. "Well Tommo what do you want to do?" Niall asks. "Get drunk" I laugh. "Louis do you think that's a good idea?" Liam questions. "Please Li I need this" I beg. "I could do with a few drinks as well" Lottie chimes in. I smile at my baby sister. I am so proud of her for being so strong. I walk to her and pull her in for a quick hug. "So it's settled, let's go for drinks! Steve, Nialler, Payno, Haz you in?" I ask. I get three nods and one hesitant nod from Harry.

Everyone starts filing out of the room, Harry and I are the last two to start leaving. "H you don't have to come" I tell him. "D-do you not want me to come?" He asks with a little hurt in his voice. "No love of course I do, you just seemed hesitant to want to come." I tell him. "Oh... I mean I guess I don't want to make things weird for you, I want this day to be positive and I am worried that I am going to ruin that for you." Harry tells me looking at his feet. "Hey look at me" I say lifting his chin up. "Despite all that has happened between us, Harry you are my best friend, you have been since day one. I want you there always. I meant what i said that day, you mean too much to me to let you out of my life completely."

Flashback to a year ago.

"Harry I am sorry but you and I both know we aren't who we were when we were 16 and 18. I love you with everything I have, but we aren't the same. I would rather us end it now as friends then down the road end in a nasty way. You mean to damn much to mean to lose you out of my life completely." Louis told Harry with tears in his eyes.

"I get it Lou I do, I just wish it were different I just wish it was different. You were my first love Lou I really wanted you to be my last" Harry whispered choking back tears.

"Baby if love were enough you and I would be okay, but it's not you and I both know that." Louis said pulling Harry into a hug. "Always in my heart Harry" "Always Lou".

End of Flashback.

"I know Lou, I just... yeah okay let's go" Harry says grabbing my hand and heading towards the exit. Once we reach the door he releases my hand I try to forget the fact that I feel the burning desire to grab his hand and never let it go again. We exit the building and hop into the limo with everyone.