her

She seemed to be very sweet, maybe too sweet. Her smile said it all.

"Who is she?" I asked Xochitl and Finn as I turned to face them.

"Do you have no idea who she is?" Xochitl was taken aback and wondered.

"YOU DON'T KNOW MALIA BAKER IS? HOW AM I BEST FRIENDS WITH YOU." Finn stated.

"Would you like to elaborate?" 

"She's a model, has like a gazillion followers on instagram and her father owns a company that produces some of the greatest skincare and makeup in the country." Finn remarked. I laughed at him cause he was giving a real Wikipedia vibe right now. 

"All the boys from F4 is a childhood friend of hers. She left to New York and just came back for the first time in years. Louis, according to rumours, adores her." Xochitl added. 

When I learned that Louis is interested in someone else, my face became gloomy. I mean, I can't blame him. She is stunning.

... 

It was after school, and I had started a new job at the book shop in the mall to help my mother financially. As I introduced myself to the other employees, they greeted me with smiles.

"Hi, my name is y/n," I told them.

"Hey Y/N," one of them smiled in response.

We worked well together. She was organising and I was helping customer's with book recommendations. 

As my shift was coming to an end, I looked up to consult another customer and was taken aback to see F4 standing in front of me, including Malia.

"Oh, what are you guys looking for?" I asked, trying to stay professional.

"Hello, y/n," Louis greeted me with a beautiful smile that made my heart flutter.

"I was looking for a specific book, do you mind helping me find it?" Louis asked me as he stared deep into my eyes. 

"Of course." I said as I went to look for the book. 

They all turned away and sat down by the couches in the shop. I could hear laughs while I was looking for the book. What were they talking? The girl working with me tapped me on the shoulder, interrupting my thoughts. 

"What are their names? They seem to be familiar with you" With a grin on her face, she stated. 

I explained, "Oh, we just attend to the same school." 

"OH! Were they the same guys you mentioned earlier?" She exclaimed with excitement.

 I only told her because I needed someone to talk to about it, and even though we weren't really close, she was a friend and there was no harm since she was in a different school, okay we get bored during our shifts sometimes and like to gossip. 

I found the book Louis was looking for and delivered it to Louis where they were all crowded at the couches. 

"Wait, come sit down with us." I heard a voice say something, but this time it was a little higher. I turn around to see that Malia had invited me.

I said hesitantly, "Uh, I really shouldn't." I chucked hoping to relieve some of the awkwardness. 

"You should." Louis urged.

Lorenzo's pov

I couldn't help but feel annoyed when Louis told y/n to sit down, and the way she looked at him made me think she was falling for his mixed signals. But who knows, maybe she actually prefers me. After all, we shared a kiss in the rain, and as far as I know, they haven't kissed. Plus, Louis has always had a thing for Malia.

As y/n awkwardly sat in the gap between Louis and I, with Malia in front and two other boys on either side, the room felt tense with an uneasy silence. 

Finally, Malia broke the silence, saying, "So, how are things in college going for you?"

"Um, could be better. You?" Y/n said with the most weirdest yet prettiest smile I've ever seen.

"Great!" Malia said. Silence filled the room once again.

"Y/n and I kissed." I said nonchalantly as I flicked a page with a finger, not giving eye contact to anyone.

"Kissed?" Louis said a little down. I see everyones face shocked including y/n.

"Wow! So, you two must be getting pretty serious." Malia said with a little smirk.

I see Y/n's mouth opening getting ready to talk when I interrupt her. 

"I guess so, we are taking things slow though." I said yawning and putting my arm around her shoulder. I see Y/n face looking extremely confused and pissed. 

"Well y/n, It's my birthday party this weekend at the Bahamas and I would love for you to come!" Malia said with enthusiasm.

"The Bahamas?" Y/n said with her eyes popped. "Isn't that just yannow, a tad expensive." Y/n said sarcastically with chuckles. 

"I can pay for your trip." I say.

"What?" Y/n said as she stood up. "no no, It's too expensive." 

"It's fine." I say really not minding. 

"Uh, I don't know." Y/n said until she got a phone call back at the cashier.  She rushed over to the table and picked up the phone. 

"Hello?" Y/n said. After a few seconds, Y/n rushed out of the store.

...

Reader's pov

It was the next day and school had started. I saw Xochitl and Finn in the halls and dashed up to them when Malia suddenly interrupted me. 

"Hey, y/n!" Malia said it with a lot of enthusiasm. What gives her so much energy at eight o'clock in the morning? "So, we're leaving at 9 a.m. tomorrow, and you're welcome to bring a friend." 

"Wait! What?" I stated that I was surprised because I had not yet agreed to go on the trip. 

"Lorenzo has already paid for your and your friend's tickets. Also, bring a nice dress for the special occasion." With a wink, she muttered something to me and then walked away. 

Holy shit. I am going to the Bahamas.