III: Death's Life

Deities are immortal

DEATH is one of them or rather THANATOS and being on this planet for millennia, they were bored.
You would think dealing with souls crossing over to the next would keep you busy but nope

That was until a witch in Greece made immortality, a Nature witch to be exact.
Thanatos was interested, finally.
Qetsiyah was the name of the nature witch, they watched her fall in love with another powerful warlock of their community Silas.
However, Silas wasn't in love with her but a plain mortal. 

They couldn't understand why

When Qetsiyah found out about the love affair, Thanatos was gleeful, it was now getting very interesting. They saw amazing displays of magic, that was until the other side was created.
It was incredible, but it went against everything Thanatos was. Letting souls find peace is what they did, not letting them get stuck in a supernatural bubble of purgatory.

They had words when she died

In the end, Thanatos, would watch over, see and even talk to the souls on the other side. Keep them company and help any souls find peace, but they couldn't take them as the souls were trapped.
Sometimes the easiest parts of magic were the hardest to undo.

500 years later; Man turned into a beast.

A powerful soul was taken to the other side but not before cursing the mortals that were present at her death. They talked when she was in the purgatory bubble, finding out why she cursed them
"Because I wanted power. They feared me, and the pathetic men who didn't want a woman to have power chased me down with dogs, so I changed their nature to the animals they hunted me with. I made the hunter become the prey" 

Inadu was fascinating, Thanatos could feel the loathing she had for the tribe leaders, The 7 bloodlines that would connect every wolf.
They would always seek out other wolves, not because they were pack animals, well they were, but because they were tribes before they became wolves. They were a community for people to belong to and now that was because they were bound to the moon.

This would be the most interesting thing Thanatos would see as they would have to wait another 5 centuries until something happened, this time it was in a little village in the New World.

It all started because of Death itself.
The soul of a young boy named Henrik Mikaelson.
Thanatos couldn't take him, he tried as he never liked a life cut short, especially one that had barely lived.
This mortal even though had been practising the mystical arts for years in secret, meant he went to purgatory. 

They refused to call it the other side, simply as it was a bubble holding souls alone.
Where they would reside to watch over the living without anybody seeing, hearing or touching them. And the only way out was for them to find peace themselves

In the fallout of his soul going to purgatory, Thanatos saw the same immortality spell Qetsiyah made, but it wasn't at the same time.
It was modified so that the recipients of the spell would be stronger than the cursed wolves.
Surprisingly, Death saw a familiar face.

A doppelganger

When Thanatos saw what was going on with said doppelganger's blood, they knew something destructive was about to happen, but they believed there was beauty in destruction.