↳˗ˏˋ two ˊˎ˗↴

———— "SO, WHERE ARE WE GOING?"

[y/n] asked as they walked towards gojo's office, the term "office" being used loosely; he was just waiting out at the garden.

"sendai. there's been some curse sightings at the tohoku medical university. it should be a pretty quick trip."

"wait, sendai?"

"yeah?" megumi raised a brow, but, upon seeing the look growing on her face, he quickly shook his head. "no, whatever it is, no. no detours. this is supposed to be a quick trip."

"but-"

"no," he firmly said, [y/n] pouting as they saw gojo.

"you guys ready to go?" gojo asked.

"you're coming with us?"

"not to the mission, but i'll come with you to sendai. there's this cafe there that i want to try. café mythique. heard of it?" gojo asked, a grin growing on his face as he saw [y/n]'s twist up in anger.

"i'm going to stab you," she deadpanned, gojo laughing as he slung his arms around his two students, practically shoving them out of the school grounds to the train station.

[y/n] and megumi sat quietly next to each other on the train. megumi was scrolling aimlessly on his phone while [y/n] twirled her thumbs, running a million possibilities about what could happen when she went home. she didn't realize how deep in thought she was until megumi nudged her gently, snapping her back to reality. "you good?"

"oh, uh, yeah. just nervous."

"about this mission?"

"no, about going home." megumi's eyes widened.

"you're actually going?"

"i mean, yeah. i might as well. i haven't been back since i came to tokyo as a first year. the occasional threatening letters from my family definitely aided in the decision, but it'd be nice to go see them for a little."

"how long will you be gone?"

"i'll be back after my birthday," [y/n] played with the hem of her shirt.

"when are you leaving?"

"why are you asking so many questions?"

"i'm just curious, is all."

"i'll probably leave around december 20th. not completely sure yet. might be earlier, might be after."

"and then you'll be back after your birthday."

"yeah, so around march 3rd."

"hm."

"what?"

"quite a long time to be gone."

"two months isn't that long, fushiguro. what, you gonna miss me or something?" she teased.

"on the contrary, it might be nice having you gone for two months. i might actually get peace and quiet," he argued.

"nobara and itadori will still be around."

"... more peace and quiet than usual."

"mhm."

"oh great, we're here," megumi pointed out the window, [y/n] bubbling in excitement. she hadn't left tokyo in a while, so this was going to be fun. even if she couldn't convince megumi to take a little detour, she was still happy to be out and about.

"how far to the university?" [y/n] asked, looking at bus routes and train routes.

"train will be faster, we just have to get on the senzan line and then it's like fifteen minutes to walk to the campus from the station," megumi told her, looking around to find the platform they needed to be at.

"everywhere i go with this bitch, we have to walk. why can't we rent a car? or uber? or ride a damn bike? why do we have to walk everywhere?" she grumbled to herself, grabbing his wrist and dragging him off to platform 8 so they could board the train.

the walk to the university wasn't awful. the route could've been more scenic, but not bad. despite executively deciding that detours were a no-go, megumi did promise her they could get food after they were done, so she was keeping a sharp eye out for anything that stuck out to her. as they neared the university, the air felt different. there were definitely curses here.

[y/n] would never openly admit it, but she thought she was a better sorcerer than megumi. granted, he could easily be on gojo's level, but [y/n] felt like she was cheated out of grade promotions because of her family. she should've been a grade one by now, but had been stuck at grade two since her first year. megumi had advanced since then, making it to grade one. it was annoying, to say the least.

"there might be more curses than we thought," megumi cautiously said, suddenly on guard for any potential threats.

"well, not like the great megumi fushiguro can't handle it on his own. didn't even need me here," [y/n] mumbled.

"say something?" he asked.

"nope, not a damn thing," [y/n] flatly replied, suddenly turning her head. "watch out!" she yelled, shoving megumi out of the way as a curse swooped in and kicked her off to the side. she groaned as she landed, looking to see where megumi was. he was still on the ground, but he was preparing his shikigami. "fucking hell," she winced, rubbing her side a bit as she got up.

"you alright?" megumi called out to her.

"yeah, just watch out. that's not the only one out here," she growled, seeing a few more curses appear. she saw that there were at least seven curses so far. there was something about each of them that felt weird. and, most importantly, why were seven of them here together? [y/n]'s eyes flashed over each curse, training her attention to each little mark she noticed. each curse had one, similar in color but varying in size and shape.

she gasped in realization. "we have to split them up!"

"what the hell are you talking about?" megumi grunted, finally off the ground with his divine dog.

"seven curses. seven sins. geez, catch up, fushiguro." she didn't have any super cool shikigami like megumi, but she had her family's esper powers and cursed technique.

this was going to be a piece of cake.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

happy holidays 🖤