6 - The answer

That night you laid in bed thinking about what happened with Jon, did he ask to go on a hunt tomorrow because he wanted to spent time together or because he actually wanted to become a better hunter.

He hasn't said anything about staying at castle black since knowing you were going away. Was he still going to stay? All your thoughts were racing trough your mind but your body was tired. You quickly fell asleep.

The next morning you got ready for your hunt with Jon, you put on your usual hunting gear and went downstairs for breakfast.

Before you reached the dining hall you were stopped by the lord commander. "Alena, just who I was looking for" he said. "Good morning lord commander" you smiled.

"The king would like me to tell you that you will be leaving for Kings Landing in a weeks time" the lord commander looked worried, "I'm afraid he has taken quite a liking being away from the capital and wishes to stay a bit longer". You laughed and nodded, "Thank you lord commander.

You kept walking towards the dining room and sat down with your breakfast next to Benjen. "Morning" he said with a mouthful. "Morning Benjen" you took a bite of your food.

"Have you seen Jon?" you asked. He wasn't at breakfast yet and you wanted to make sure you left early.

Benjen looked at you and raised an eyebrow. "Why what happened last night" he elbowed you in your side.

"Don't think I didn't notice you two in the courtyard" you laughed.

"We were just talking that's all" you said with a smile plastered on your face.

"Well that looked like a comfortable talk then" he teased. "Were his arms everything you dreamed of?" he fluttered his eyelashes.

You laughed and elbowed him back. "I'm sure that didn't mean anything" you remembered, "He just wants me to teach him how to hunt anyways".

"Alright alright" Benjen saw your change in expression.

"I have seen him, he was at the armoury".

"Thank you, I'll go find him" you stood up from the table but Benjen grabbed your arm before you could walk away. "Be careful Alena" he looked concerned, "Don't set yourself up for heartbreak again".

You pulled your arm back, "I won't, thank you for the reminder". You walked away.

You heard Benjen yell after you, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that!". Why did he even bring up Jason again when he knew it hurt you.

You walked to the armoury and found Jon, he had filled up a quiver of his own and was trying to strap some daggers to himself. He was fiddling with the straps.

"Morning" you walked past him to the arrows. "Well good morning to you" Jon sounded exited. He turned around facing you but you were standing with your back to him.

He put a hand on your shoulder, "Could you help me with these? I can't win the fight from them" he smiled.

You felt yourself getting warm inside again but quickly caught yourself. You weren't about to fall for someone who didn't look at you the same. And not to mention you were leaving in a week.

"Yeah sure" you walked up to him and started fixing the straps around his body meant for the hunting knifes. You could feel him looking down at you the entire time.

"There you go" you walked back to the arrows and finished filling up your quiver. "Thank you my lady" he said jokingly.

You turned around, "I'm not a lady".