"I might be an old man now Alena but I recognise the look that boy gives you", you scoffed.

"It's not like that lord commander I'm sure" you shook your head while looking at the door leading outside into the courtyard.

"I just wanted to congratulate you on your achievement and tell you that Im proud of you" the lord commander grabbed your hands. "Not only as a lord commander but also as one of your many father figures in here", he smiled warmly at you and you smiled back.

"I think you're going to do well up South, but first.." you raised an eyebrow. "Go to that boy and solve whatever is troubling you".

You laughed, "Thank you". He patted your hands before letting them go and waving his hand at the door. "Well go on then".

You smiled and walked out the dining hall, through the door and into the courtyard.

When you stepped outside the cold air hit you right in the face. "Seven.." you began while rubbing your arms, you didn't have a cloak.

"You'd think you would know to wear a cloak outside after living here all your life" Jon's voice sounded from the stairs.

He was sitting on the bottom stairs petting Ghost, you walked over to him smiling.

"What can I say" you shrugged, "I do questionable things sometimes I'm afraid".

You stood in front of Jon looking at him. "That was my apology" he looked up at you raising his eyebrow.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier" you started, "I just didn't think..".

He interrupted you "Why would you be sorry?". He got up from the stairs and stood right in front of you.

"Oh", you didn't expect that reaction at all. "Well never mind then" you laughed awkwardly, "I just thought..".

But before you could finish your sentence Jon grabbed your arm and pulled you closer to him.

"I'm messing with you", you now stood closer to each other than you had before, almost touching.

He looked you in the eyes and smiled, "I don't know if I'm getting it all wrong but I feel it too". You smiled back. 

"I do feel kind of bad I didn't tell you about the capital before", Jon pulled you in a little closer into a hug.

"It's alright, just a shame I don't get to stay here with you".

You felt completely safe in Jon's arms like this, you stood in the courtyard in a hug for a good while.

"When are you leaving?" he then asked. You looked up at him pulling away from his embrace. "I'm not sure exactly, I didn't ask yet".

"Well lets assume it's not tomorrow" Jon said laughing nervously. "Would you want to go hunting with me again tomorrow?" he asked while messing his hair up and fiddling with it a bit.

'Like a date?' you thought to yourself and you couldn't help but getting warmer inside.

"I want to become a better hunter anyway and I thought why not learn from the best?".

'Ah, so not a date then'.

You snapped out of your thoughts, "Uhh yes of course". You took another step away from Jon. "I'll see you after breakfast then" he said, you nodded.

"I think I'll go to bed" you tried to fake yawn. "Need to be sharp tomorrow so..". You laughed as sincere as you could and started walking up the stairs to your room.

"Oh yeah sure" Jon looked surprised by you leaving. "Do you want me to uhh walk you to your room?".

You smiled, "I mean it's only up the stairs but if you want sure".

This was very cute of him you thought, which confused you even more because he basically just told you you're like a teacher. Which is not at all was you were aiming for, literally.

Jon walked with you to your room. "Well goodnight" you said while opening you door and stepping inside.

"Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow" he smiled warmly. You put your hand on the door handle to close it, he put his hand on yours.

"Sleep well" he said and you took your hand away just before he pulled the door shut in front of you. You heard his footsteps fading away.

You were so confused, what did he want from you?

AUTHORS NOTE: That was chapter number five! I hope liked it and are enjoying the characters and storyline so far :) As always feel free to leave any comments, ideas or suggestions! Chapter six will be published soon as well. xx