When Khushi placed the magazine back on the table Arnav spoke, "It's not what it looks like...The cast and crew were having drinks..."

"Arnav..." Khushi said, cutting him off. "I've said it before, you don't have to explain anything to me...it's your life." Khushi continued, trying to be casual about it.

When she turned to leave again, Arnav called out to her. "Khushi! Please...just listen to me. I need to say this." Arnav didn't understand why, but he felt guilty and wanted to clear the air. When she turned to look at him, he continued, "I know we don't share the same relationship as other couples...but you're still my wife."

Khushi felt her heart give a loud thud when Arnav called her his wife. It was the first time he actually acknowledged her as that...and he did it without hesitation. She walked up to him and leaned on his desk, waiting for him to continue.

"We had a bad day when shooting and the cast and crew went out for a few drinks after to de-stress. Mahi...she's been hitting on me since the beginning. And that night...she just took me by surprise and that's when this photo was taken. I know it doesn't look good...but trust me...nothing happened." Arnav explained.

Khushi said nothing for a moment. When she noticed Arnav becoming anxious she pushed off the desk and stood right in front of him. "I'm assuming this is the night you came home with a hickey?" Khushi asked coolly. Arnav cleared his throat, starting to feel really uncomfortable. He shouldn't be, considering that they were only friends. But he couldn't help it.

"Well...umm...y..yes...but..." Arnav stammered, but Khushi cut him off again, "And you said she tried flirting with you since you guys started working together?"

"Yes...the woman does not understand the meaning of 'I'm married'." Arnav replied, a little frustrated.

Arnav saw it then, the playful glint in Khushi's eyes. "Tell me where she lives and I'll shoot her for hitting on my husband." Khushi said in a calm tone.

There was a moment of silence, where Arnav didn't know what to say...and then burst out laughing. It was such a nice sound...and his face seemed to light up from it. When was the last time Arnav laughed like that? Khushi didn't remember. She grinned in return, feeling a sense of pride for being the reason behind his laughter.

~Main tha rahguzaar, tune thama is qadar

Ab rahi na koi bhi fikrr...~

For Arnav, it felt nice. He has always been a happy go lucky kind of guy. Laughing came naturally to him. But for the past few months, he forgot what that felt like. There was just no reason for it. He would occasionally smile when he was with Ahaana, but that was it. Khushi's blunt comment was exactly what he needed in a messy situation like this.

What he said next came without any hesitation or awkwardness, as it should be among friends, "I just...don't need this right now you know?" Arnav said. "There are already so many rumors with this marriage...and this only adds fuel to the fire." Arnav leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, "Sometimes it sucks being media's favorite" he murmured, suddenly feeling exhausted.

~Main tujhme baant lu, yun khud ko humsafaar...~

His eyes shot open when he felt soft hands on his shoulders. He didn't hear Khushi move, but she now stood behind him and gently applied pressure to his knotted muscles. "Relax...stop being so stressed about this." Khushi said softly, while gently rubbing the tension away. Arnav felt the knots slowly unwind, and he began to relax under her touch.

"Don't worry too much about the rumors. The media just need a reason to write." Khushi pressed the base of his neck and felt the tense muscle loosen. "At the end of the day, you are known for you work and your fans love you just the same. As for this incident, people will forget about in a few days, especially when we start making public appearances together."