𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Start from the beginning

The rising and lowering of Donghyuck's chest as he flicked along different descriptions was soothing. Something about it had the Chinese boy smiling to himself and refamiliarising his senses with the scent of jasmine and linen. The subconscious desire to just fall asleep there on his shoulder made him realise something.

Something a bit scary.

Hyuck was actually quite masculine when he wasn't a little or whinging like a grown-ass child. His arms weren't as soft as Renjun had assumed they were and his expression whilst focusing on a task was rather serious and...sexy? I need to get my head out of my ass, the older thought desperately and sat up in one quick motion...regretting that afterwards.

"Woah, am I that uncomfortable?" Donghyuck scoffed. "Nobody's ever rested against my shoulder before, so I'm probably tense as hell."

"No, that's not it. You're fine..."

"That's so genuine. I love your honesty, it's my favourite part about y—"

"Hyuck, do you have any memories of your regressions after your come out of them?"

The brunette paused, resting the remote on his lap within his small fingers and glancing his neighbour's way again. "Where's this coming from?"

"Nowhere specific. Call it curiosity."

He arched his brow inquisitively but seemed to be open to discuss it anyway. His attention returned to the television and he wound up choosing the film without asking for a second opinion. Something Disney related. "Some things. Not really..."

"So you just...snap out of it? No recollection of ever regressing at all?"

"Sort of. It's a comfort thing, I think. That's what the doctor said, anyway. I instinctively return to a moment in my life when things were just right and relive that headspace. I think."

"You don't seem to know much about it. Don't you get curious?"

"Look, as long as Mark and the others are making sure I don't grab knives and can entertain whatever it is that I do when I'm little, I really don't care. It's not something I chose, it just happens."

Renjun hummed and rested himself further back against the sofa's backrest. His eyes scanned the opening credits of the movie, but he wasn't all that invested in what was on. He was too stunned at his own mind believing that Lee Donghyuck just got hotter the more serious he became. It was like he was purposely being stupid just to hide the fact that he didn't need protection as a young adult. He probably wanted it twenty-four/seven regardless of the mentality it was in.

He was a manipulative little genius.

"Excitement triggers it, right? What kind of excitement?"

"Renjun, I love you deeply but I'm getting suspicious with all these questions. What's up?"

"If you don't want to answer I won't twist your arm..."

"Don't give me those eyes!"

"What eyes?!"

"Those ones! The 'I'm just an cutie who wants to know all your deepest darkest secrets' eyes. You have a look when you're interrogating us."