| Chapter Seven |

Start from the beginning

|

"Attention, it is breakfast time. All players, please form a line in the center of the room."
The lady's voice woke Hana up from her amazing sleep and she huffed as she stood up to stand in the breakfast line.

"So what did you see?" 212 appeared. When Hana didn't reply the huffed. "Come on! I risked my life to save yours yesterday. So tell me!" She insisted.

"Okay!" Hana gave her a look.
"They were melting something. Sugar, I think." Hana muttered as she grabbed the breakfast for two and made her way to Sae Byeok.

"Sugar? You saw them melting sugar?" She asked.
"That's what I said." Hana paid her barely any attention as she handed the milk and pastry to Sae Byeok, who seemed surprised but took the breakfast.

"You'd better not be lying to me." The woman pointed her finger in Hana's face.
Hana grabbed her finger and twisted it and she fell to her knees, dramatically crying out. "Okay, okay!"

Hana let go and the woman gave her a look as she stood. "Maybe I'm just craving something sweet." She walked away, holding her finger.

"Did you have to do that?" Sae Byeok asked.
"No. But it was funny wasn't it?" Hana smiled and sat beside Sae, who wore a small smile.

"You should eat." Hana noticed she was only looking at the pastry, not actually making any indication she was going to eat it.
"You can have it." Sae Byeok shook her head.

Hana sighed as a familiar tune started playing and she took a sip of the milk. "I'm not hungry either."

The Blue Danube really knew how to strike a chord in her.
"Attention. The second game will begin shortly. Please follow the staff's instructions and make your way towards the game hall."

"Let's get this party started." Hana rolled her eyes as her and Sae started making their way up the colorful stairs.

"You saw something, right?" A man's voice frightened Hana and she roughly pinned him to the wall by her forearm.
"Hana." Sae Byeok grabbed her arm and gave her a look, as if she was getting onto her.

"Don't sneak up on me." Hana glared at the man and let him go and continued to walk.
"My apologies. I didn't mean to frighten you it's just that I overheard your conversation last night. So tell me, what did you see?" He asked. Hana didn't like the way he was looking at her. Like he knew something she didn't.

"Why? So you can keep the information to yourself?" Hana asked.
The man was surprised by this but pretended he wasn't.
"You're a defector right?" He asked Sae. "All the games they made us play in here are games I have known." He explained. "They're all games I played as a young boy. The next game will be too, I'm willing to bet. You tell me what you saw, and I may know what it is."

Hana sighed as she looked at Sae Byeok, who only shrugged. "I saw them melting sugar." Hana admits.

218 said nothing. He appeared to be in thought at what the girl had said.
Hana chuckled and grabbed Sae Byeok's wrist to pull her away from that idiot and into a room that looked like a large playground.
"There's something off about him. What the hell?" Hana mumbled to herself as she looked around.

"Attention players, the game will begin shortly. Before the game begins, players please choose one of the four shapes on the wall. Once you've chosen your shape, please stand in front of it."

"Which shape?" Sae Byeok asked.
"Wait for 218 to choose. He obviously knows the game." Hana told her.

Soon, he finally started to move from his position and Hana thought he'd be making his way to a shape but he actually made his way to her.
"Triangle." He gave her a soft smile then he went and stood in the line.

Hana looked at Sae Byeok who, as usual, just shrugged her shoulders. Hana chuckled and followed behind 218, with Sae behind her.

"The time to pick your shape is over. I will now explain the rules of the next game."
The shapes on the wall opened, revealing the men in red and a table with small circular tin cases.

"All players please take one case each from the table at the front of your line." Hana made her way to the front of the line and grabbed the case and waited on Sae Byeok to find somewhere to sit.

The two girls exchanged looks as they opened the cases and saw the game.
"The second game is sugar honeycomb."

"I used to play this all the time as a kid." Hana smiled but it slowly faded as she looked beside her, at Sae Byeok.
"I never won, though."

|

Should I keep going?