Snape muttered the password to the gargoyle, heading up the stairs and in front of Dumbledore's office door.

"Come in, Severus," Dumbledore called out making Snape push open the door and letting the twins in. "Ah, it had happened, I assume?"

"Yes, Albus," Snape replied, pushing Diana towards him. "She was first."

"I knew it would be you, Miss Black," Dumbledore nodded. "Come sit, sit,"

Diana and Sammy glanced at each other before sitting on the chair in front of his deck. Dumbledore looked at Snape. "Explain what happened Severus,"

"The Black twins were cornered by a group of students, who were trying to attack them and Miss Black hit them with it."

The twins were so confused, their eyes pinged-ponged between Snape and Dumbldore, who started talking in hushed voices. So many questions were swimming around in their heads. What does Dumbledore know? What was the scarlet energy ball-like thing that came from Diana? And how does Snape know?

"Professor Dumbledore, what's going on?" Diana said, silencing the men.

Dumbledore nodded Snape off to leave, before turning to the teens. "You two been wondering what the scarlet and silver wisps are when you're in contact with each other?" he received two nods. "Your magical cores are connected. It doesn't make you powerful, but it makes you feel what your connected soul feels. For example, when your hands are connected and one of you is feeling—let's say angry, the wisps react and you can slightly feel what that person is feeling, am I correct?"

Diana and Sammy nodded and Dumbledore continued. "It's your magical cores reacting to each other's emotions. Let's try something, stand up, please dears,"

The twins stood up, frowning as Dumbledore motioned them to stand face to face. "What I want you to do is raise your right hand and place your palms on each other,"

The twins did what they were told, tendrils of scarlet and silver wrapped around their arms and hands.

"Now, I want you two to focus on each other and nothing else. Block out your surroundings."

Diana and Sammy closed their eyes, took a deep breath, and tried focusing on each other. Nothing happened for a few seconds until Diana felt something try to break through her magical barrier, poking and prodding at it.

"Once you hit the magical barrier, let each other in," They faintly heard Dumbledore say.

The twins let each other break through the magical barriers and a warm sensation happened in their stomachs, it lasted a few seconds before fading away.

"Tell me what you feel," Sammy asked, opening his eyes and looking at his twin.

Diana opened her eyes, looking at her twin with a smile. "I just feel you,"

The brother and sister embraced, holding each other tightly. A warm and safe sensation swirled in their stomachs.

They were home. With each other.

***

After leaving Dumbledore's office and hearing from students around them that Professor Trelawny was being sacked, the twins followed the crowd towards the courtyard.