ch. 1 My already horrible summer just got worse

Take a left up ahead

Chapter 1

My already horrible summer just got worse  

 (This chapter is dedicated to chelsey! Ma bud!!!!! Because she helped me pretty much start this story WHOOOOO! GO CHELSEY!)

I woke up to feel something pricking my cheek, AND IT HURT; I opened my eyes and saw the end of a feather sticking out of my burgundy pillow case.  I yanked it out and lay back down snuggling back into the comfort of my warm duvet.

 It was the first day of summer and I already hated it. I never liked summer, the idea of no school was appealing but hot weather, sweaty people, it doesn't bode well with me. I felt another prick and opened my eyes to see another feather poking out from it!

 I grabbed it and tugged the thing out! Jeez couldn't I just peacefully go back to sleep before I'm called down to breakfast by my evil perky parents... I already have to deal with them all summer long, I need just 2 more minutes. Hmmm... Nice and comfy, warm and snugly......... CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP! 

"FUDGE, WILL YOU BE QUIET THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE TRYING TO SLEEP!"

It was the unmistakeable, loud steps of my father getting up to get his coffee. I realized it was just about impossible to get back to sleep now so I might as well get up. I stood up and grabbed my green and red teddy bear robe; it was usually freezing in the house because my whole family are walking furnaces and love the power of air conditioning.

 Whereas I'm always cold and needing a sweater. I grabbed my slippers and trudged out the door and upstairs to the kitchen to make myself some tea. I HATE COFFEE! That crap is addictive and tastes bad anyway! I walked in put on the kettle grabbed a mug and a tea bag and sat back at the dining room table waiting for the kettle to make its usual screaming noise. I put my head on the table and waited for the -good morning my pumpkin, blah blah blah blah blah- that my dad usually throws at me every morning. And 3 2 1......

  "GOOD morning, sweetheart"  oops I guess I was wrong it was sweetheart this morning. I held up my hand with my head still on the table and muttered for him to give me 5 minutes of quiet and then he could blab all he wanted. He chuckled and sat in a squishy black chair we had across the room.

 The kettle started to screech so I got up despite the dizziness that engulfed me and walked to the kitchen. Poured my hot water and dropped the tea bag in. Sitting back at the table I looked up at my father and studied his expression while reading the paper.

  He looked up probably sensing me looking at him and smiled. I frowned in response because I don't really smile in the morning and stirred my tea.  I could tell by the way he smiled and the crease in between his eyebrows he was planning on telling me something I most likely didn't want to hear so I cut to the chase and said "alright tell me". He knew, I knew there was something he had to say so I waited for him to blurt it out and give lame excuses for whatever it was and watch me freak out or deal with it. With my not so good temper...

 "Were going to the cottage with the Hale's for a couple of weeks".

 I turned fully towards him to gawk mulling over the information he just gave me. "And were leaving the day after tomorrow" he added. I just sat there with my mouth open ... The Hale's are another family who we've known for as long as I can remember. My mom, dad and Carrey and Trevor Hale all went to the same college. My parents and they have been friends since then and well, when the couples are as good friends as they are and they both have kids, the kids are kind of stuck knowing each other too.  My mom got pregnant with me right after Carrey did and so born -one month apart- was me and Nathan Hale.

 We were born and our parents were soooooooo happy we were so close in age! Joint birthday parties, play dates, EVERYTHING! We were together always ... Now did anyone ask us if we wanted to be joined at the hip? NO! Did we like each other? Not really! I didn't like being bossed around and guess who thought he should be the leader of all things powerful the whole time? Take a wild guess!

 And we loved to play pranks on each other; our parents still don't know it's his fault for my broken arm that year. And well, they don't know that it's my fault we were stuck in the hospital on thanksgiving that year too. As we got older the pranking died off because we had accomplished most of the pranks you could think of.

 So we moved on to technically ignoring each other but that didn't stop him being insanely retarded and annoying. Did I mention we also found it amusing to embarrass the other and that was pretty much our new thing! I've still got haunting memories of embarrassing pictures and 'accidental' break-ins of the bathroom WHILE I WAS IN THERE!

 Good memories! NOT!

 And by fate again both our mothers became pregnant at around the same time and we both ended up with an annoying younger sibling. Mine being my little brother Logan and his younger sister Mirah. Now the only difference here is that these two absolutely adore each other. Have you ever wondered if twelve year olds could actually be in love? Well I'm pretty sure I've got the answer right here! The relationship between those two and Nathan and me couldn't be any more different! And now I have just been informed that I will be spending most of my already miserable summer with the Hale's.

 YOUPPI!!!!! MY ASS!