18| Chapter Eighteen

18 | Chapter Eighteen

April, 2015 | Harlem New York

The message Isis had sent me two days ago had been left on 'Read.' I didn't know how to respond to it, and I didn't know if at the moment, I wanted to talk to her. Raven and I were doing just fine in our talking stage and I knew that talking to Isis now would only be disrespectful to Raven. But still, curiosity deep down inside made me want to respond. I sighed, tossing the phone on the bed. It was one o'clock in the morning on a Monday. I wasn't suppose to be up at this time, especially not with a job interview at eleven the next day. But I was up mostly because I had old assignments that I needed to turn in. I didn't enjoy school at all, but it was something that I had promised to complete and I was keen on keeping promises. In all honesty, however, I was absolutely drained and I wanted badly to rest my head on my pillow and go to sleep, but this work needed to be done like now.

I closed my eyes a bit, but was soon wide open when I heard the sound of beeps coming from my laptop. It was a Skype notification, a video chat request from Raven. It was as if she could hear me thinking about her. I smiled before moving my mouse and clicking on the green 'Accept' button. The screen was blurry for a second, and then finally, I spotted Raven's face. I couldn't help but smile. She was make up free and even in her most vulnerable stage, she looked gorgeous. She waved at the camera and I laughed. "What's up baby girl?" I questioned. Raven blushed gently before responding. "Nothing, I was thinking about you and I saw you were online." Raven answered. I rose an eyebrow, a smirk appearing on my face.

"You were thinking about me, huh?" I questioned. Raven nodded. "Tell Daddy what you were thinking about." I stated, leaning into the camera. Raven bit her lip before turning the other way. "Gosh Joey, you always know what to say to turn me on." She added before laughing. I laughed too because it wasn't often that you found a girl who was just as vulgar and inappropriate as you. True, I hadn't been this way at all, and I definitely wasn't this way around Isis, but for some reason, Raven seemed to be easier to do that to.

I shrugged. "You know, that's just how we do it, you know?" I questioned. When indeed, I knew she didn't know. She didn't even know that we classified Rakim, Quentin, and I. More-so just Rakim and I. Quentin hasn't even spoken to us since the blow out at the club. For some reason, I felt he had been right about some of it, but me moving too fast by talking to Raven was not one of them. Raven laughed again. "I don't know, but that's okay. But seriously, what are you doing tomorrow?" She questioned. I shrugged. "I mean, I had a job interview at eleven, but after that I'm pretty free." I answered truthfully. "Good. My home girl wants to meet you. It's the same girl Rakim was fucking with at the club." Raven responded. I nodded. "Ahh.." I trailed on. "What's her name again?" I questioned. Rakim hadn't mentioned her enough that her name stuck to me. Whenever he did, it was just to inform me how good her mouth was, or something along those lines.

Raven laughed. "Cordelia. And she really wants to see Rakim so invite him too." She ordered. I wanted to let her know that Rakim wasn't tryna wife up her friend, but I didn't for I knew how defensive chicks got when their friend was mentioned. So I kept my mouth shut, just informing her that I'd try. I honestly doubted Rakim would oblige to the invitation but at the moment I didn't care.

At the moment, I also wanted some pussy, but I doubted Raven would want to drive all the way over here at this time of the night, well morning if you decided to be technical. Then again, Raven was a freak and I knew she would be down to give me something to think about.

"Show me your tits." I stated. Raven's shocked expression made me force out a laugh. "Girl you should've just seen your face. I'm only messing with you girl." I responded in attempt to clear the air. I hadn't had Skye pussy before, but Rakim had told me all the wonders about it. He'd done it before. Sometimes with Leah, others with random people he met online. I suppose Raven wasn't down for that. I was somewhat disappointed, but Raven made up for it in the bed.