Chapter Forty-four

Start from the beginning

"Which side?" I spoke with some reptilian figure. He had me fall asleep.

"Which side of the fight do you stand on?"

"None. None of the two sides stands for me,"

I recall. There was an empty canvas that painted the future. Not future. It foretold this exact moment, which means there's hope. I didn't stay in this hospital forever. But how did they know this? And how do I escape? Wait! No, who were those people? I've never heard of them prior.

Doctor Hart excused herself. I bet she went to the room next door. I would love to know what they're talking about. I already know they don't think I can endure pain. Heck, I didn't think I could neither. But look at me, how fast things have changed.

I just looked at the mirror, wanting to know what's happening behind it. I look like shit, like I've been through enough. Which I have, but they're not planning on stopping anytime soon.

'What do you have for us?' I jumped a little when I heard doctor Webster asking someone the question. Am I hearing them through the walls? Or and I reading their conversation through their thoughts?

'Well. The boy has walls up. He's emotionless but I think it comes with the curse he has on,' I had no idea who spoke. Never heard that voice before.

'What does that mean? His emotions got shut off?' That voice I recognized as doctor Hart's.

'Yes,'

'Why? Would his mother do that?' Doctor Webster asked, 'does she want him to be a machine so that he can cause the zombie apocalypse?'

'No,' the first doctor said, 'being in touch with his human emotions means being in touch with who and what he is. His power would be easily accessed. If he is a normal functional human, he could be traced by the others and the chances of him causing that apocalypse are higher. Because he'd be thinking with his heart,'

'He'd be dangerous with those mental walls broken,' doctor Hart realised. 'Let's not scratch in his mind space too much, it could endanger us,'

'But we must, doctor Hart,' doctor Webster said.

'Are you crazy? We're dealing with a teen boy who doesn't even know what emotion is. Unleash that on him now and you might not know how this could end, it already sounds unsafe. Teenage emotions are the hardest to understand, doctor Webster,'

'Doctor Hart is correct,' told the first voice, 'I'd advise you to stop prying in that boy's mind. You don't want to unleash the demons,'

I heard footsteps. So I figured that the first doctor left, I have to go too. I want to see Kin, know how she's doing. So I swung my leg on the floor, now for the broken one. Doctor Hart stepped in and ran up to me. "You'll hurt yourself. Lemme help you,"

She quickly ran to the crutches and leaned it against the bed I sat on. Then she made her way under my armpit, so that I can lead on her. Which I did, and she gave me the crutches. I tried balancing myself and then just looked at her.

"I'm sorry that happened," she spoke. I just looked at her and hopped out of the room.

I know I'm supposed to go straight to bed, get some rest. The medicine they gave me made me drowsy, but I headed over to chill zone. I stood in the door when she saw me. She ran up to me and was there way before I could finishing blinking.

"Jason! What happened?"

"I mean... What do you think?"

She just looked at me. She felt bad for me, I could tell. "I'll heal, you know. It's okay,"