Chapter 55 - It's not as simple as getting beaten up

Start from the beginning

Allen was outside discussing something with the photographer. When he saw Su Yi, he said with surprise, "Oh, Yi, you really look too good."

Wu Xue had once said, the only reason Pasion chose her as their representative was because of Allen's choice, so Su Yi had always been grateful to this guy.

She went up to hug him once with a smile. "It's been a while – your Chinese has improved again."

"You too," Allen said with a smile. "You've become prettier."

"Thanks." Su Yi left the embrace with a smile, turning her head to look at the photographer. "Can we start?"

Although she was wearing only thin jeans, she had on also a white down jacket. The hat that came with the jacket was all furry, surrounding her neck– in the indoors, it really was quite warm.

"Yeah," the photographer said. "I heard that you sprained your ankle last time you did a photoshoot?"

Being able to sprain her ankle while during a photoshoot really sounded quite ridiculous. "Is your circle so small – no good deeds leave the area, but every the illhappening is spread to one and all?" Su Yi jested.

"Haha, relax, this time before the shoot we've checked all the props for the set."

After the friendly banter, things officially began.

Winter was nearing and Su Yi hadn't the time to get this done earlier on, so the individual items that had accumulated were quite a many. On top of that, the brand itself had a high requirement for the standards of the resulting photos, so the photoshoot ran all the way till six in the evening.

After taking off the last pair of shoes, she sprawled over Wu Xue. "I want to go home barefoot, can I?"

"Stop joking," Wu Xue scolded laughingly. "Hurry and get up, there's a new French restaurant near my place, I'll take you to try it."

Since An Xuan left, Wu Xue's standards for an assistant had turned extremely high. Up until now there was no suitable choice, so Wu Xue took up the position for the time being.

"Didn't you say that when we're back in Beijing, you'll choose someone new to take care of? Why are you still following me around all the time?" Su Yi said while changing.

Wu Xue helped her zip up the back. "What's the problem? Finding me annoying?"

"No," Su Yi said. "Aren't I just afraid that you're going to get bored, Superwoman."

Wu Xue sneered. "I'm helping you clean up your mess all the time, how'd I get bored!"

Su Yi wasn't willing to give in. "Look at what you're saying – I've been so obedient recently."

"You've more work now, it is about time you became more obedient." It's hard to say what she thought of, but Wu Xue's lips curved. "I'm not sure if it's because everything was so turbulent the past few months, the calm this recent half a month is making me feel a bit nervous."

Su Yi finished changing and knocked her on the head. "Don't curse me. Come on, let's go eat."

Because it wasn't some job to be done outside, Wu Xue didn't contact the nanny car. Instead she drove here herself.

They had just reached the parking lot when they met Allen waiting by the lift.

Seeing them, he said with a smile, "Hi ladies, you're finally here."

Su Yi asked, "What's it, do you have something?"

Allen was in a suit, a hand folded across his abdomen – he really resembled a gentleman. "Yi, I would like to invite you to have a meal together."