Yesterday she requested me to bring her to an orphanage.

When I asked her the reason, she simply answered that she wanted to nurture a child and get experience so that she could expertise in the field of parenting.

I was overwhelmed with emotions.

After all,

She finally wanted to start a family with me.

We went inside the orphanage which Diana personally chose. From a long list of orphanages, this one happened to catch her eyes faster than anything.

There we saw the head of 'Skylark Orphanage', Mrs. Ruth. She was a petite 30s woman with her face covered with wrinkles and a strict frown covering her face. She even wore glasses. A typical head and nanny that could be seen commonly in any orphanages.

"Claude... I m so nervous..." Diana said while gripping on my hand.

I smiled.

"Don't be. I can assure you that you will be the best mother any child could ever have."

We have taken the disguise of two normal couples so that people won't butter up with us.

Since both of our names were already ordinary, we just changed our appearances with magic.

Soon Ruth brought us to a room that had the said child.

The child that fit all of our requirements.

The door opened revealing a rather astonishing scene in front of us.

A group of children were shivering and hugging each other in one corner of the room, their eyes fixed on a certain kid with a mop of brick colored hair.

Mrs. Ruth let out a tired sigh which clearly indicated that it was a daily occurrence.

"11, stop creating such a hassle." She said in a crossed voice while glaring at the brick colored kid. The child looked frail and her leg bones were visible...nauseating.

I looked over to my lover Diana to find her having an unreadable expression. Part of it looked as if she was pitying the poor child, while the other part had confusion.

So the kid's name is '11'.
I smirked while savoring the scene unfolding. Looks like Diana would adopt this child into our family registry.

But my smirk was immediately replaced with a wide eyed expression when the kid turned to look at us.

Her eyes had the look of an experienced troublemaker, having that eccentric and bloodlust look that was contrasting to look at. As if a harmless bunny who could show her fangs when the right time strikes.

The thought of having such a special kid as my adopted child was enough to give me a smile. A genuine one. If she could be molded into a good vassal then our future child could have a strong ally to support them.

Her hands had blood dripping from them as I saw the broken mirror behind her. Maybe, she punched it?

"I am sorry. The kid acts like that whenever she sees people other than kids." Mrs. Ruth bowed while apologizing.

"But it only acts up when she sees older people like us, in the morning. Afterwards she gets okay." She continued, still muttering some apologies.

"Did something happened to her to get her like this?" Diana asked out of curiosity.

"It's because of the abusing from her previous parents. The rescuers rescued her from the hellhole and brought her to us. She has a distancing persona, but it all settled up when she started opening up to us." The older woman said, pushing her glasses up.

"It's okay '11'. They are good people." Said she.

The child - '11' but her lip, calming herself down as she shot me a glare before fixing herself.

And her whole persona took a 360 degree turn - From a terrifying predator to a cute prey.

Just what I predicted
I had to keep the urge to smile.

She then took out a notepad from her pocket, scribbled something and showed it to us.

'I am sorry to disturb you all.'

She then did a quick bow and turned to show the same page to the other children present in the room.

I saw Diana telling something to the head.

Guess she wants '11'.

.·:**˚¨¨* ≈★≈ *¨¨˚**:·.

"From now on, they are your new parents." Ruth said while giving a soft pat on Katrina's head.

The previous show that she had put up was something that she didn't expect to be so beneficial.

One beneficial thing that she learned from the previous owner's memory was that they had never talked with anyone because of pstd.

Katrina has also noticed how rarely the previous owner had opened her mouth just to say a 'yes' or 'no'.

She then looked up to see the faces of her new family.

Only to find the two most people whom she had seen when she was reading the manhwa last night...

Yes, now this was fun to her.
And she didn't mind indulging in it...and possibly giving that mistake of a father some hope in her.