Secret Endeavour - The Front Man x Player!F!Reader

Start from the beginning

"No one knows..." You stop after you hear a deep chuckle. Your eyebrows furrow in confusion, but then the realisation hits you. "You were kidding?" You narrow your eyes at the man before you. He shrugs innocently, laughing silently at you.

In-ho enjoyed teasing you, especially when you tease him. It was a win-win situation, but once he noticed the frown on your beautiful face, he might've regretted it. He sighs at this.

"I apologise, I didn't mean to scare you Y/n," Your face turns sorrowful, almost like you want to cry. In-ho immediately wraps his arms around you in a comforting hold. It wasn't his intention to make you cry.

A few seconds later, your chest vibrates in laughter. In-ho releases you from his hug dragging his attention to your laughing form. He looked at you, confused.

"I love how you always fall for that one," You release a few chuckles as you take a seat on the couch, which faced a few monitors that watched the players. In-ho mentally beats himself up. Why does he always fall for your puppy eyes? In-ho won't deny it, you are his weakness.

While you watch the monitors, In-ho removes his mask, wraps his strong arms around you, causing you to lean on his chest.

"So I was wondering.." In-ho begins, breaking the silence.

"That's never a good sign," You cut in jokingly, still keeping your eyes on the monitor that was watching Ali and Sang-woo, aka players 199 and 218. It was the Marbles game, and you didn't get to play it, but you were grateful. It wasn't all that interesting, but watching the players was fun rather than participating.

"We could fake your death?" This makes you sit up from a comfortable position. Your eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What in the world makes you want to do that," You reply in disbelief. It was a different story if he wanted to find ways to meet you, without anyone's watchful eyes. But faking your death? That's new.

You didn't know this, but In-ho had a surprise planned for you. He would've given it to you right now, but it wasn't the right time. It was too early. Waiting for you until the ending of the last game was too far away. So he wanted to have your death staged. Rather than watch it unfold, he wanted it set up.

This was the only way that you could spend more time with him without him having to get a few guards to collect you. Plus, he knew that the majority of the players were targeting you. There is no way he would live with himself if anything terrible happened to you.

When In-ho met you at a small restaurant in Seoul, he felt an instant attraction to you. You were a small woman, which gave him the instant want to protect you. That night he approached you. The rain shimmered against his coat as he held his umbrella towards you, which startled you from the unexpected presence.

In-ho unknowingly got lost in your eyes. You both said nothing as you were standing under the umbrella, staring at each other. He knew. In-ho knew that you felt a connection to him as well. Unless he was completely wrong, in which he would be completely embarrassed. But your sweet smile told him differently.

That same night In-ho asked you if you were hungry. Since you both were in front of a restaurant, it didn't hurt to ask. You responded with an 'only if you're buying'. From that day, you would contact each other, go on small but classic dates.

Although what In-ho didn't know was after your fifth date, you were approached by his salesman. You never mentioned that you were in debt before that, but when In-ho noticed you on his monitor, watching confusedly around the room of players dressed in green tracksuits..he lost it.

How could he not know this?!

In-ho wasn't mad at you, but himself. How is it that he knew everything about you except the fact that you were a player who had debt? Was he that oblivious?

His heart broke at the thought of you feeling ashamed of this. You must've kept it a secret because you didn't want him to think of you as a woman who had nothing. He would never judge you.

So In-ho spoke to you after the first game. Which horrified you, knowing he was The Front Man who took part in all those deaths. After a bit of explaining, you tried to understand. In-ho didn't judge you, which made you happy. He additionally promised to be there for you if you needed him.

"So..?" You asked, pushing In-ho out from his memories about you. He gazes at you.

"So what?" A loud, obnoxious sigh exits your mouth, knowing In-ho was distracted. You rolled your eyes at him.

"Am I boring you?" In-ho jerks his head at this. He immediately shakes his head at this. Gently, he grabs the sides of your face, stares into your eyes and gives you a soft smile.

"The woman I love could never bore me," His voice is tender. A red glow caresses your cheeks. Quickly, you attempt to cover it with your palms. "Stop it, you're making me blush," You whine, looking at your lap bashfully. This made In-ho beam at your cuteness.

Before you can comprehend, a soft melody begins to play. In-ho stands up slowly, offering you his hand.

"Care to dance, my lady?"

"I can't dance.." You trail off. He smiles at your words. "Neither can I,"

...

A few minutes into you and In-ho's effort at slow dancing, tripping over each other's feet, you both enjoyed yourselves. In-ho even managed to dip you, but he didn't know you slipped backwards when he caught you just in time. You couldn't bear to tell him, especially seeing his excitement at doing such a complex move.

"I'm fine with it," You say out of the blue. Your back is against In-ho's chest, his arms protectively wrapped around you as you both sway to the music.

"With...?"

"With, faking my death," You confirm. If you get to have everlasting moments like this one, you will fake your death instantly. In-ho spins you to face him, in tune to the melody, which was surprising.

"I'm glad you agreed. Now I can reveal one of my surprises to you,"

You stop dancing, causing In-ho to stop as well. Your interest and curiosity are peaked. You look at In-ho expectantly. Your facial expression resembled a kitten, filled with excitement. He cracks a smile.

"I've paid your debt," Your mouth hangs open in bewilderment. In-ho gently lifts your chin, causing you to stare directly into his captivating eyes. Before you can say anything, he beats you to it.

"And before you say anything on why I did that, I have a rule...Never argue with The Front Man," He grins.

"Well, alright then. What's surprise number two?" You ask. In-ho softly spins you around once again, causing you to lean on his chest. He bends his head with his lips an inch from your ear.

"You'll have to wait until our wedding day."