conversation ; 2.0

"How was your ride with... Ethan yesterday?"

"It's Eden," Y/N laughs, "And it was nothing unusual, was nice, even."

Y/N's eyes falls directly at her phone on the passenger's seat. That was the reason she decided to sit beside Juan on the car that day, instead of being at the familiar backseat. It's a great time to do so, seeing how it was a sunny morning, the sunshine not bright enough to hurt her eyes, and the air smells great below the blue sky.

"Was he... nice? Or something..." Juan trails off as he usually does. To Y/N, it was a nice attempt of his to keep the conversation going. To Juan, most of the time he didn't even know why he says the things he says.

"He was nice, and respectful, or something," Y/N laughs after mocking him, before opening the car window and inhaling fresh air- it feels cold to her lungs and she loves it. This is a very nice start for the day, she thought. Her phone's full battery was a huge bonus point.

"Thanks for your help all this time, Juan," Y/N says as she turns around to look at the backseat- there's a medium bottle with avocado juice inside. Her hand reaches out for it, but the front of her body ended up falling towards it as Juan suddenly stops the car, "Yeah, you're welcome."

-

"I could've died."

"Yeah, Jane."

"Did you even listen, Y/N?"

"Definitely."

A sigh came out Y/N's mouth, her fingers finally stopped typing on the keyboard and her eyes finally looking straight at Jane after what felt like years filled with the story of Jane's near-death experience. It feels like Y/N's soul is leaving her body; evaporating.

"I'm not paid to listen to you as you slack off," Y/N look back down and continue her work, "It was interesting, but I can only focus on one thing and I mentioned that to you," Y/N looks down to a drawer after pulling it, checking on a small name card before looking back up, typing again, "Maybe we can talk later after work, but I have to visit my caretaker."

"Y/N, you obviously didn't listen. That's all I ask of you."

"And you obviously didn't listen to what I said about not disturbing me at work. I beg you to get that through your thick skull."

Jane clicked her tongue, and walks away on her purple high heels, not before slaying the air with her hair and slamming her heels on the ground like an angered child. Those purple heels looked cute at first, now it just gross everyone out.

"Most of the stories she mentions are fake anyways," Juan stopped beside Y/N's desk, "You shouldn't feel bad about ignoring her, she's the one who should learn to read situations right."

"Do... I look... like I felt bad for... her?" Y/N's eyes glued to the screen, more focused than ever.

"No, but you still let her near your table."

"I tried my best, I uh..."

Juan waited for the continuation. In actuality, he's a very, very patient man.

"I tried... pushing her away earli...er. You saw how she... reeee...acted."

"Okay. Continue your work, I'll go snitch on her."