𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

Start from the beginning

Eventually they were all called to start the next scene, and the oldest of the main cast quickly took another sip of the water before fixing his suit jacket and hopping back up onto the set. It was a living room; a fancy one. The plot sort of revolved around a rich businessman — Mark, a dark and mysterious college professor — Jeno, and their love interest...a somewhat indecisive girl who couldn't choose between her fiancé or her teacher. It was an awful story in fairness, but the media had begged Mark to try erotic stuff so he reluctantly agreed.

I can't wait to go home and cuddle my boys, he thought the entire time as he got into position and let the makeup artists take away any shines from sweat.

"Action!"

She ran across the set towards him, latching around his back like a koala and giggling mischievously for some attention. Yeah...sometimes the ravenette wished these were BL films, because having her chest squished against his shoulder blades was not on his top ten list of incredible feelings. He'd rather have Donghyuck do it in that cute robe Mark had bought him last year...better thoughts. That worked.

"How was college?" He murmured, pushing his fake glasses up his nose and feigning disinterest as he read through a manual.

"It was fine," she sighed, letting him go and leaning back against the bookshelf to stand beside him, facing him. "How was work?"

"I'm not finished," he slammed the book closed and pulled the eyewear down off his face. The cameras were changing lighting and positions, probably getting footage of his looks to edit and finalise. "Go have dinner without me." Why is my character so rude? I'd get a massive slap from Nana if I actually pulled this attitude.

There he went again. Wondering how his lovers at home were doing instead of focusing. God, he hated this film. He'd never been so disinterested in a role in his entire career.

"Cut! Lee, what's the problem? You zoned out," the director whined irritatedly. "Forget what's going on in your real life and adapt to your temporary one. For Christ's sake, we're already behind schedule."

Fuck, he grimaced and rubbed his face regardless of the makeup. "Yeah...sorry."

"You okay?" Kiri frowned cutely, as if it would work on him at all. "You've been pretty quiet as well, lately. Need help with anything?"

I swear to God, she better not be implying that kind of 'anything'. Don't make me puke. "Nope, I'm all good," Mark ended up lying through his teeth with a smile and rolled out his shoulders. "Just stressed."

"Stressed..." she tilted her head.

"Yeah...okay, I'm heading back for some water. The director's distracted," he gushed and quickly twisted around to walk away. He wasn't watching where he was going, however, as he fixed his sleeves and cursed under his breath. A hard chest collided straight into him, and he stumbled backwards before having his shoulder clutched to remain steady.

"Water," the male uttered and shoved a fresh bottle in his direction. "What's wrong? A migraine?"

"Jeno...?"

"You're lagging like a busy game server. Not a good example for people trying to learn from you."

Mark almost wore a visible loading sign above his head as he eyed up the delicious human in front of him before taking the water and looking away in faux disinterest. "I'm tired, okay? How many people are going to ask...?"