Part 2

Part 2: Storm Carter

      "Know why I call y'all my Storm and Rain." Our mom smiled widely at us. Rain and I was snuggled close in her arms waiting on our dad to get off from a late shift. We never knew what he did. We just knew we were well off and never wanted for nothing.
     "Cause we were born durning the biggest rainstorm of the season. You were 9 months pregnant with us and we refused to wait." I laughed reciting the story she and dad told us.
     She held us closer taking over the story as she and dad would many of times. "The roads were flooded out and there was no way for us to get to the hospital. Now thank God our next door neighbors were married doctors. And Gay. They loved your mom and dad and ran right over on foot with with everything they will need. Y'all were delivered healthy and happy. The moment your dad and I laid eyes on the two of you we both fell in love all over again. My Storm and Rain." She kissed both of our cheeks.

     "Storm NOOOO!" Rain yelled as I ran towards Marcus with my glock raised. Before the nigga can even turn around I was letting bullets rain into his back and neck. He stopped instantly in mid turn dropping to his knees then the ground. Not moving at all. Blood poured from his body fast as I watched him cough his last breath and choke on his blood. Finally he coughed out a laugh turning his head to look at us. Rain started to cry telling me to calm down which was never like her. I knew why. But I didn't care. Not anymore.
      "Yall... just keep fucking up.. like they said y'all would.." He coughed more blood looking at me and my sister. "There're coming you know..to finish the job." He said as if that would stop me from my next move. I stepped closer and raised my gun to him.
     "If they sent you that means they already here. And just like you they going to die too." I let off four more rounds into his head making it explode like a watermelon. Brain fragments were flying all over my sweat and boots mixing with the blood of my babymomma who met her fate. Lord know I hated that bitch but her dying because of my lifestyle was something I never wanted.
      "Storm they found us! After all these years! What the fuck can they possibly want!" Rain cried out with anger. My brown skin started to burn. We both stopped hearing a van coming back, it was the same one our men hopped in to go chase the van that matched theirs.
     The van stopped four feet away from us and the back doors opened. "They was too fast boss. We couldn't catch them!" Dean, one or our shooters explained. "They turned into traffic on the highway. Ran through the construction work that was in the middle of the road, cutting past police. Three squad cars ran behind the van so we turned around." He continued to say.
      Rain order then to help the cleaning crew clean up anything they had to. Leave the bodies for the police to find. Already knowing that they will say the same shit. "Gang violence."
      "Where you think they can be?" Rain asked looking around as we walked to our cars. I was lost in my own mind. Thinking on the encounter I had a year ago when Corbin was born. Four men showed up at my doorstep with the same white paint on their faces from years ago. "Storm!" Rain called to me, I was zoned out standing in front of my car.
     "Rain there something I need to tell you. Something that I thought I fixed. Follow me " I said hopping into my car and she did the same getting into hers. She I let her pull off first then I pulled off right behind.
     I drove and thought back on that day. The same niggas with the tattoos popping up at my house the day Corbin was released from the hospital.

     "WAIT WHAT!!???" Rain yelled pulling the blunt I lit for us. We were now standing in my livingroom. I shook my head explaining.
    "The same men.. from that day. After Corbin was born I came home. Some shit didn't feel right. Soon as I came in that same feeling came over me from years ago when we got off that bus. It was dark in the house. When I finally cut on the light all four of them was just standing there. Waiting for me. Dressed in black suites and their guns in hand. Even if I wanted to grab my peice I would have been dead." I started looking down at the ground keeping me anger together. Taking the blunt she handed me. After hitting it 4 times I started again. "Before I can asked what they wanted they all stepped at the same time grabbing for me. Tossing me on the couch.

    "Well well Storm. Congratulations. You a father now. Too bad that's not apart of the plan." One of them started telling me.
    "The fuck you talking about?" I spat back. The big bald one who smacked me years ago shook his head at me laughing.
    "What we talking about is the deal we worked out with your parents before they kicked. See they owed us allootttt of money that they thought we would just let slide. Owed us properties and business that were never delivered. Instead they decided to rob us of 2 million and hide out. Have kids thinking we wouldn't find them. After killing both of them we went on to kill everyone else throughout the years of watching the two of you. Aunts, uncles. Cousin you name it Storm. You real family is now dead except you and Rain. We vowed not to kill their last two blood remaining on this earth. Under one condition..No kids, no partners. No expanding the the bloodline at all. You are just to live in just survival and nothing more. Until you guys 30th birthday. The bloodline is ending with you two. Lucky enough that's 5 more years." He said laughing at our pain which made me jump up but I was held back down forced to still listen to the bullshit they were laying in front of me. "Having a sex life was never an issue with his plan. We just thought the both of you would have been smarter." He started again.
     I shook my head not believing my ears. "So you bitches made a deal with our parents that the only way we live to see 30 is if we live in this world like fuckin savages! Expect us to not live a life at all!?" I yelled to them. One with nappy dreads took his gun and pointed it under my chime looking me dead in the eye. I looked down at that same spider tattoo I remembered years ago. The same one that was on Marcus tonight.
     "You may wanna watch your mouth brother. I been itching to kill you and that dumb ass sister of your since we tossed y'all in my backseat 17 years ago. Thinking this whole time we didn't have eyes on yall. Then you broke the rule. You brought a seed into this world with means you ALL have to die now!" He laughed. And to answer your question yes! Why you think we forced Rain's hand with her fiancé". I looked at all of them now I understand the story.
       They all finally stepped and stood in front of me. "We will give you a year. One year to fix the mess you made. And if you want me to clarify, by fixing I mean kill that fetus of yours that was born today. Now we know that will be hard that's why we said a year." Nappy dreads said as if it wasn't shit even started to laugh. I jumped up fast from where I was sitting and grabbed him so fast his gun dropped from his hands. I had him in a choke hold squeezing and turning my hands quickly to the right snapping his neck. He stopped moving so fast and his arms fell from his neck. Before I knew it everything. Went black.
      When I woke up I was stretched out on the floor and he only one now in the house. Only thing that was left behind was a note that read "ONE YEAR."