chapter 2

I leaned against the booth, glaring at my friends and ex. " Can you even believe the principal let us out early?" Herc laughed. " I didn't really suspect it. Anyway, Alex, didn't you say you were chosen for the anthem for the game?" Lafeyette looked towards me.

" Yeah, it's..odd," I muttered, gripping my fork. "Guys? Remember what we came here for??" John grumbled. " Oh yeah, so, about Ms.Bufft. She's been more of an asshole lately.." Lafayette sighed. " Yeah, she's totally snubbing us!" Herc rose his voice. We all stared at him odd. " I'm so gonna fail this spelling test.." he sighed.

Hours passed, and it was time to head to the game. I wasn't ready, since I had to give some box to John. I toyed around with the hem of the uniform I had to wear, for some reason. I decided to check up on Philip.

(Philip isn't that important to the story, I just needed somebody to be the roommate-)

I wandered through the kitchen, heading towards the basement where he practically lived. There were plenty of extra bedrooms, yet he had chosen the basement. I mean, I don't mind that he chose it, it's just odd.

I opened the basement door and saw Philip at his desk, typing at his computer. "Project?" I asked. "Yup," he sighed. "Well, don't give up on it. I need to head to the game. If there is an emergency, call me," I muttered. "Alright," he said.

(Time skip brought to you by my writers block who doesn't like to give me motivation.)

I watched the field be filled with students. I just stood in my position, anxiety wriggled in my chest. I decided to look around the swarm of students, which was a bad idea. As I was searching, I saw him.

John Laurens.

I held my breath as I watched him speak to this person I assumed was his new lover. The way he looks at them, speaks to them, how could they not be his lover?

These thoughts rushed on until I saw him look at me. I panicked and started to rush off, too scared to confront him. I ran into some alley looking area, clutching the box.

I stayed there for a while, trying to steady my breathing. Everything seemed under control untill I heard footsteps. I thought it was one of my friends, until I heard,

" Hi, Hamilton."

I looked him dead in the eye. His curly hair looked like a wirey mess. " Hi, Laurens," I muttered. "Sorry if uhm..I seemed like a jerk lately," John said. "It's fine..sorry to ask, but uh..who was that guy you were with earlier?" "A friend. Don't panic, he isn't a lover. He's too much of a dick to love me," he chuckled.

"Dang. So, you have any plans after this shitty game?" I asked. "Yeah, maybe I can finish my homework Ms.Bufft gave us." He sat down next to me, a wide smile of his face. "Yeah, me too. Maybe we can help eachother!" I suggest.

"That sounds, amazing."

(AHHHH SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG! WRITERS BLOCK!)
♡ Hopefully ya'll liked it. Stay safe! ♡