Day 9: In The Beginning

I was packing my bag and made sure I had everything I needed. Today I was heading out with Deanna's kid to scavenge for some supplies. Carson came over to me and hugged me tightly, "Be safe please. Come back to me", he nuzzled his face into my neck. I smiled and hugged back, "I'll be back sunflower. I'm not dying just yet", I pecked his lips and walked to the white van. Glenn helped me into the vehicle. Noah got in and Tara, Glenn, and Eugene followed. Aidan smiled and started the van. "You will die", the radio was on. Then the beat dropped. I laughed and so did everyone else. Carson suddenly felt empty and saddened. He walked and hung out with Nicholas so he wouldn't worry as much.
'Be safe....please...'

We reached the store house far out of Alexandra. Me, Noah and Glenn walked down one aisle. Guns at ready, we searched for the router Deanna needed. That's when we heard Aidan shout/whisper at Glenn. There was a walker coming at him, and without knowing, Aidan hit the grenade on the walker's vest causing it to blow up. I hid behind boxes and peeked out. I looked through the smoke and saw Aidan with two metal bars piercing through his body. "H-h-help.....m-meee...", he winced as he spoke. "Hold on! Hold on!", me and Glenn tried to help him. After a few tugs Aidan grabbed my hand. "Stop! No stop....I'm not going to make it....just go. Go..", he squeezed my hand and my eyes teared up. Glenn pulled me away as walkers came over and feasted on his flesh. The last thing I heard was Aidan screaming and crying out "don't go! Amy don't leave me alo-".
We ran to the exit. I couldn't stop crying. The dead was following us and we tried to go through the door. I got through but Glenn, Noah, and the other Nicholas got trapped. Glenn mouthed something but I couldn't hear. He banged the gun against the door. As he did, Nicholas began trying to get out. "Stop!! STOP!!" I yelled and so did Glenn. Then...the unthinkable happened. A walker got a hold of Noah's foot and he fell. Glenn tried to pull him from their grip. Noah looked up at Glenn

"Don't let go..."

Then they got him and dragged him out. Glenn screamed and I froze in place. Noah was slammed against the door and he looked at Glenn and I. We both watched in horror as the walkers clawed and ripped into Noah's flesh. He screamed as his back was pierced by a walker's hand. As he did, a dead hand grabbed the side of Noah's face and slowly peeled it away. Noah's shirt got soaked in blood. I feel on my knees and laid on the floor. I began to cry silently as the young boy's screams began to die down.

Glenn and I walked back to the van. Eugene was there with Tara and Nicholas. "Hell....HELL IS WHERE YOU'RE GOING YOU SON OF A BITCH!!" I punched Nicholas on the side of his face. Glenn got down and began to hit him more. He got off a now bloody Nicholas. We both entered the van and Nicholas got up slowly, entering the passengers seat. We stayed silent on the way home.
We arrived and I looked at Deanna with eyes full of sadness and darkness. Carson ran up to me, "AM.....Amy??", he looked at me worried. I walk up to him and stared deeply into his sea green eyes. He looked back into my darkened hazel ones. Wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close, I broke. I sobbed into his chest. Kayley and Nick ran over with smiles but soon faded when they saw me crying. They knew what happened but the one who got hurt most as well was Kayley when she didn't see Noah walk out of the white van. Deanna's face screamed out pain. "Where's my Aidan!? AIDAN!! AAIDAN!!!" She cried out and fell on her knees. Her husband hugged her as she sobbed loudly.

A breeze flew by and Noah's journal opened up to the very first page.

'In The Beginning'