"There's no way you five can eat all of that," I said with wide eyes, watching as Lucian grabbed his third hot dog of the night.

You'd think these men were starving from how much they always ate. Just two days ago, I made a giant bowl of Mom's special Mac and cheese and they scarfed it down before I could even have thirds.

Men are pigs when it comes to food. That's where I'm getting at.

"We've eaten Ian's shitty cooking before," Liam said, taking another bite. "If we can eat that and survive then anything else just goes straight through."

"You're disgusting," Xavier said.

"—And rude," Ian spoke up, glaring at his best friend.

I smiled gently at the chaos around me and only pulled out of my thoughts when Lucian tapped my shoulder. I looked at him.

"Can you cut my hair?" He softly asked me.

My smile widened and I nodded almost instantly. "Of course."

Lucian grinned with me just before a pickle was thrown at his cheek, dragging him back into the chaos around the table.

I wished we could be this care-free without the dangers outside of these walls. I missed my family; my brother and sister-in-law, my parents, my niece. I missed Jake and Aunt Iz. I missed not having to look behind my shoulder when walking outside. I missed being able to truly experience living with the man I love.

Before I knew it, the plates were being piled before Ian walked to the dishwasher and began go load it. Lucian helped me out of my seat and I thanked him with a smile.

"You go cut Sasquatch's hair over here," Ren said with a grin. "The kit should be in your bathroom."

I nodded while Lucian mocked Ren, closely following as I ascended the stairs.

***

Cutting Lucian's hair reminded me of how I used to do it for him back when I was in university. I never understood why he only liked me doing it so much but, doing it now, I realize how intimate and relaxing it is. We don't speak but I could tell he's just as at peace as I am about everything.

"I didn't nick your ear, did I?" I murmured as pieces of his hair falls to the ground.

"No," Lucian replied. I can tell his eyes are closed.

I smiled. "I'm almost done. Just finishing up the side here."

He hummed quietly in response and I carefully trimmed the last bit of his hair. I put everything back in its kit and patted his shoulders, watching Lucian stand up and go to the sink. There was a smile of approval on his lips while I swept his hair up, chuckling when his arm looped around my waist.

"Still a natural," he rasped deeply into my ear, kissing the just behind it. "Thank you, love."

My stomach did a somersault at the unfamiliar pet name, feeling my cheeks warm up at the gratitude in his voice. Lucian chuckled when he looked back in the mirror at me. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, my cheek on his back.