031- trust & lies

Start from the beginning

"i'm the only blessing alive, 'saki."

"which is why i'm blessed to have you as my best friend." she drags you to one of the booths in the diner where a nervous girl with short hair was seated. "you know itadori more than i do, so my question is if he has a girlfriend?"

from her pointed look at the girl seated across, you already knew what she was hinting at. and you loved to play cupid.

"megumi, take my seat." your voice was firm and serious as you slipped into the seat next to the unidentified girl. megumi was already interested in the conversation. he dropped your multi-colored shopping bags next to the table and took your seat. "hey, pretty. i'll let you know that he does NOT have a girlfriend and is in fact very single."

a weight visibly lifted off the girl's shoulders as she blushed. just from where you were seated, she easily had some height over you, nearly battling megumi's. and that was just perfect for yuuji.

"he also happens to have a thing for taller women."

nobara and the girl squealed at your words, quickly texting itadori to come to the diner immediately. due to whatever drugs he puts in his water, he arrived at the diner incredibly quickly.

"hey guys, what are you all doing here?... and hey ozawa, what's up?"

°°°

10:47 pm

"you could have warned me that she changed her entire appearance for a guy." you whispered to kugisaki, to make sure itadori couldn't hear. you respected her hustle, but weren't warm with the feeling of changing yourself for anyone but yourself.

"sorry, i was a bit excited." she mumbled, rubbing her hands over her eyes. exhaustion was hanging over her like a cloud. "anyways, i've been out all day, i'm gonna clock in for bed." with a smile, she is aced softly and walked to her dorm.

"yeah, ima go to bed too. night guys!" itadori smiled, going his own direction.

now you were alone with megumi, the only sounds in the hallway being your shopping bags that he held brushing against each other as he walked. he spoke, "i'm still upset about that waiter."

at the restaurant you both went to earlier today, the waiter would come to your table every five minutes to ask "is everything okay?", interrupting any conversation that was going on. you assumed that it was probably his first day on the job and didn't want to mess up, but megumi's patience was running quite thin.

"he seemed nervous, so i didn't want to—"

"you are unbelievable, gojo."

"I'M SORRY. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

simultaneously, you and the raven-haired sighed at your two guardians arguing. they made a convincing married couple. megumi glanced at you, pursing his lips. it was a silent question: do you want to ignore it or deal with it?

rolling your eyes, you answered, "i'll check in with them. with this much negativity, they'll manifest a curse somewhere."

"okay." he whispered, crouching down a bit to leave a ghost of a kiss on your temple. "i'll drop these at your room." he handed you a smile that brightened his nearly artificially pink lips and walked away, understanding that you probably would work better with the two adults alone.

their yelling was getting louder, worrying you a bit. bracing yourself, you opened the door to the room they were in.

"NO! DON'T PLEASE."

"you cannot drop something like that on me and expect me to not tell her. in fact, you should be the one telling her."

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY, NANAMI?!

'heya (y/n)! just letting you know that i'm the one who killed your father!!'?"

the color drains from nanami face. gojo turns around slowly. your feet are locked in place as you stared at the man in front of you with a nearly death-like expression. blood cold, thin as ice. so cold that it physically hurt. it felt like your heart rate slowed.

"(y/n)," he pleaded, pulling off his blindfold to show the sincerity in his eyes. he naturally kneeled down to look up at you, not wanting to show any signs of intimidation with his height. he keeps repeating your name as if it would replace every year of trust that's slipping through his fingers. "(y/n), sweetie, please hear me out."

his hands are on your arms and he's touching you. touching you. touching you with his filthy, blood stained hands. the same hands that he admitted have hurt the one that you miss. his eyes keep scanning your face as if he was innocent. beady deep eyes crawling on your face like bugs looking for a home. they keep crawling and it's driving you insane. you want to slap the bugs off, stop the feeling. stop the source.

but your body refuses to move.

your expression never faltered as you stared down at gojo, down into his soul, transferring the cold in your blood into his bones. you had never look at anyone this intensely in your life. your father's killer was right in front of you. on his knees. you were climbing a mountain of air, but your feet were slipping.

gojo opened his mouth multiple times, each time, not a single word was able to escape his lips. he looked away as tears started to well up in his eyes. filthy, salty tears running down the valley of his pale cheeks. they know they should run away from the man as well. so why couldn't you?

and that just pissed you off.

"get the fuck up." you spat, walking away from what you considered to be pathetic. "we're gonna have a chat." you snapped twice at the frozen nanami in the room and pointed out the door, silently telling him to come as well. he obliged.

"you better hope to god that your story is entertaining, satoru."

*