ⓝⓘⓝⓔⓣⓔⓔⓝ

Start from the beginning

"Jay, you don't have to tell me all the details, if you want you can just stop, you don't have to tell me everything." I croaked.

He shook his head swallowing looking at me.

"I want to tell you everything just give me a minute--"

"No! It's okay. I can't take it. just tell me the important part, please. " I beg

This time he nods. "okay."

"Basically he tortured us, he never let me speak that's why I was mute until I was fourteen. I was scared to speak, all I know t
Is that if I did, the monster will hurt me not knowing who the monster is." he informs dropping another bomb.

Fuck. so this is why. oh god, I hope whoever it is already paying for what he did. this is beyond cruel.

"How did you escape?" I ask him not wanting to into another detail of his torture.

"I have no idea. I just woke up in the hospital and they never told me anything," he mumbles.

What?

"Does your parents know? Sharon and John, I mean? Do they know what happened to you?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I think they only know about me being abuse. they never told me anything," he answers. my heart fell even more. holy sh*t. 

"We need to talk to them, I need to know if he is still--

"He is! Jason said he is still out there and looking for you! Maxie, he is dangerous! He is a monster he killed my real mother!" He shouts completely frustrated, surprising me.

Holy shit!

"Jason? Jason said that? How did he know? " I ask aggravated my curiosity is at its peak.

"He just does, he keeps on showing me his face looking like he is ready to kill me, he threatened me, Max. He said if I see you again he'll take us to him. I can't do that, I won't let that happen." he said helplessly desperately his voice cracked once again as a batch of tears erupted from his eyes.

So that why he doesn't want me to come here. He is protecting me?

Jayden is silent after that, his head is down and my heart melts for him. he loves me so much and he's been through hell protecting me.

"Jay, I'm so so sorry," I whisper my hand is still in his and I felt it hold me tighter.

"No. I'm sorry. You have no idea who many times I fought him to protect you. The one who broke up with you? It wasn't me, I have no idea about it baby when I found out. It hurts so bad, I was so mad. I tried to end myself. I couldn't take it anymore. You, you give me a reason to fight. But when he ended it. I lost it." he said looking up with unshed tears.

I choke as my own tears clog on my throat, It feels like someone is pounding a sledgehammer on my chest. His words, oh his words are my breaking point.

All this time, I was hating him. Wishing he's getting what he deserves for crushing my heart, but he's going through so much worse. How can someone be so cruel?

"It's fine, I understand now. I just wish that you told me sooner, I would've been there for you!" My voice shakes as another sob fights to get through. I inhale deeply trying to calm myself down.

Jaden looks down embarrassed. It was so unlike him.

"Please tell me you'll get help, Jay? I'm here I'll help you fight him, we can do this together, just please please let me." I beg him pouring my heart out to him. He has to know I'm here. For him. For us.