Farewell...

Once you've found the other pair of yourself, treasure it..  

You may never know of what's going to happen.

We've met in a train station. She was there, sitting alone sa pinakasulok na parte ng tren. She had this earphone maybe listening to music while reading a book. She didn't even bother to look at others. Para bang siya lang mag isa sa mundo. I was curious and I decided to sit beside her. That's the time she look up and smiled at me. "hi.." she said "hi.."I replied. At bumalik sa pagkakayuko upang basahin ang librong dala. "ahmm excuse me..." untag ko sa kanya. "yes?may sinasabi ka?" tanong niya at matamang tinitigan ang aking mga mata. Para bang may hinahanap. Saka ngumiti.

"would you like to have some coffee with me?"

"hmmm....i know you're not a bad guy. Para san ba ang offer mong coffee?"

"I just want to be friends with you. That's all."

"okay then! I trust you.." and she smiled.

"I'm Xander Santiago please to meet you" at inilahad ko ang aking kamay.

"Ella Madrigal. Same here" at ginagap ang aking kamay. I can't stop but to grasp her hand. Di ko alam kung bakit ganito ang nararamdaman ko sa babaeng kakakilala ko palang.  

Right there and then nagsimula ang aming pagkakaibigan na lumalin at nahantong sa pag iibigan. Then we got married.  

Everything was perfect. A happy life. A new home. And a new family member... she is 5 months pregnant. Regularly we go to her doctor for check up. Ang di ko alam, may sakit pala siyang cancer. By that time it was already serious. Di ko man lang nalaman na ganoon na ang kanyang kalagayan. I should have atleast help her in many ways. Saka lang niya sinabi sa akin nung 8 months na ang kanyang dinadala. It's a risk na ipagpatuloy ang baby. But she wanted it. At sabi ng mga doktor may taning na ang buhay niya. Kung noon ko pa sana nalaman, maaaring naagapan ko pa.

I never leave her out of my sight. Palagi akong nasa tabi niya. We treasure every moment na magkasama kami.

An unsual day for me being ask by her to take her near a beach. 

"bakit mo naman gustog pumunta doon?" i ask simply. she just smile and looked me in the eye, and said "its one of my biggest dream na makasama ka sa tabing dagat kahit sa huling pagkakataon." and kissed me dearly in the eye. 

" But, it would be dangerous for you and our baby to go far. kabuwanan mo na and the doctor said you should take a rest" 

" just this moment hon. please?" 

Nagtataka ako that time sa inaasal ni Ella. I never knew na sa araw na yun ay ang huling araw na makikita ko ang matamis niyang ngiti. Pumayag ako sa gusto niya, and we went to her favorite beach. 

pure white with blue water on it. it was paradise!

while we are looking far at the sea, she hugged me, very tight. "i'll be missing you honey."

"Ella your sound like your going to leave me..." 

"you know i cant take that" and i look for answer in her eyes. i saw the deepest sadness, agony that you can't even imagine.

" Are you okay Ella?"

" Yes i am hon. Can you promise me one thing?"

"Ella...Can we stop this discussion? im not use to it. Parang namamaalam kana." Alam kong nababanaag niya ang pag-aalala ko.

"I want you to bring our baby here when i'm gone." and she smiled bitterly. " I knew it na di na ako magtatagal so i want you to take care of our soon to be baby hon"

"We can cure that hon. Just don't give up. kahit sinong magaling na doktor magagamot yan! Just please....Stay with me..."

" You know i can't hon...." at biglang naghilab ang kanyang tiyan. 

"manganganak na ako.." and a loud shout came out from her. 

i carry her and hurriedly went to the nearest hospital.

The doctor said na pinatatawag ako ni Ella inside the delivery room. i was hesitant to go inside. I'm scared.  

" She really needs you this time."

Inside the room are nurses and doctors. And she was there. struggling to push our baby outside. For instance i thought that i was just dreaming! Then the realization came back and i went to her side. Taking her hand and giving my strenght. 

"Push honey you can do it. Just a little more." and a loud cry broke the silence. My baby. 

"I'ts a healthy baby girl sir! Congratulations to both of you!" 

"I want to see my baby...."she said habang pinipilit imulat ang mga mata. That part i was asking myself. WOULD THIS BE THE WORSE SCENARIO?ITO NA BA... I saw her crying eksaktong pagkalapat ng aming baby sa kanyang mga kamay. I'll call you Ellania.... Ellania Santiago. 

"hon..." at bumulong sa aking punong tenga 

"I hope di ka magagalit. Mauuna muna ako sa iyo. I'll be watching you somewhere... and remember that i love you so" Then she smiled and close her eyes... 

"Ella? Ella... Ella wake up!!"

" Doc!! the patient is in danger! She's not responding!" 

" Get the baby and Mr. Santiago outside!" 

"NO! i will not leave her! God please help her!" 

i was taken out of that room. Leaving her there... 

" I'm very sorry Mr. Santiago but we tried to revive her. She give up.. Im sorry.." the doctor said. 

I was shocked at biglang napaupo. Then the river of tears flowed freely. What would happen to me now she's gone.... My heart would never be the same...

I mourned.... keepig myself intact for Ellania... She's really a carbon copy of her mom...

Then i realized. God gave me Ellania because He knew that i would miss her. We are here in the same beach. I took Ellania and told her that her mommy wants her to see this.

I know somewhere, she's watching us.

I miss her.

The melody of my life would never be the same as before, Yet another piece of hope given to me. It may never be the same, but i'll try to make everything in tune.

THE END