Chapter 25 - Maxon

Start from the beginning

I sigh, knowing she's right. "No."

"Maxon it's okay. They'll come around."

I smirk. "Yeah, I guess they will. I mean, you did and I thought I had completely and utterly failed when it came to you."

"Well, you are very persuasive."

"Oh, you haven't seen anything yet, baby."

She squeals as I hug her to me and I grunt. "Fuck. The bruise. I forgot about the bruise."

"You really should go and get checked out. In the meantime, let me apply a bit of pomada on it."

"Pomada?"
"It's a pomade, Maxon. Or do you prefer for me to call it ointment?"
"No ma'am, pomada sounds good enough."

"Alright then, follow me." She leads us to the living room and indicates for me to sit down. "I would take you into my room but I don't want them to get the wrong idea."

I throw her a half-grin. "Scared?"

Pink tinges her cheeks but she denies it. "No."

I chuckle as she goes in search of her things.

Damn. Her family has me feeling all sorts of stupid right now but the bright side is...I got the girl.

At that moment Madison comes back with gloves on and a little jar looking all mom-like.

Shit. Now I'm thinking about kids.

"Okay, lift up your hoodie." She orders and like a kid, I do so right away then someone gasps.

"Dios mío."

Madison whips around at the same time I glance over her shoulder.

"Ma! Me espantaste!" Madison lays a hand on her chest and I assume she just said her mom scared her? I don't know Spanish much but I'm hoping to learn. Especially now.

"What happened Ma—"

A younger girl that appears to be the same version as Madison appears behind her. "OMG." She mouths.

I'm assuming their reaction is caused by the colorful bruises taking up my entire left side. Taking a bite of my bolillo, I watch as Trinity comes out with Vanessa in tow.

"Jesus Madison, why here?" Her sister, whom I can see is the second oldest scolds, "Take him into the bathroom. Or your room or something."

Vanessa chuckles beside her.

Madison glares at her. "Oh yeah? And what would you have thought then?"

"I meant with the door open, duh. Why do you need the door closed to apply pomade?"

I take that moment to take in her mother and siblings. As I mentioned earlier, the youngest whom I hear Vanessa refer to as Leah is the exact replica of her older sister while Trinity and Liam have more of a similarity to each other with their hazel eyes and dark hair. But their mother? I see where her daughters get their beauty from. Dark chocolate locks frame a beautifully sculpted face. Almond-shaped eyes—the same as Madison's—stare back at me but where hers are a stormy gray, her mother's are a warm chocolate.

For a minute, I expect the same vigilance from her children but she studies me and then her daughter before returning her gaze back to me.

"Maxon Blake?" She asks, seeming a bit confused. "You were one fighting out there?"

I clear my throat, shifting in discomfort as everyone turns to stare at me. "Yes, ma'am. I-I came earlier. I was looking for your daughter?"

She nods slowly, "Yes, I remember." She glances at her second eldest and she nods. "Well, I glad you okay. Don't do that again. Okay? You give me scary. My kids too."