Chapter 25 - Maxon

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry." I grin down at her. "They're fine. Just a bit swollen."

Madison slaps my arm and I fake getting hurt.

"Oh, God, did I hurt you? I'm so sorry Maxon. I wasn't thinking—" I pull her to me and smack my lips onto hers.

She immediately melts into me but a throat clearing causes her to tense and me to pull away. Albeit reluctantly. I can't seem to keep my lips off this girl. Though it also seems I have no other choice. We also can't have some privacy around here and I'm sure her siblings wouldn't like me making out with their sister right in front of them.

"Trinity." Madison tries to remove my arms from around her but I tighten my grip and she gives up. If I can't kiss her then I'll hold her, but I'm not letting her go. Not after she left me.

Her sister stares at us with a raised brow, arms crossed over her chest. "I don't know what to say first. Yuck or what the hell is going on here?"

"Um," Madison tries shaking me off but I tighten my grip. "well you know how I told you about Maxon Blake?"

She remains silent but nods. "This is him."

She glances at me then and gives me a knowing look. "I know. We already met."

"What?" Madison peeks at me over her shoulder.

I give her an embarrassed smile. "I may have not left the best impression on her when I came here demanding where you were earlier."

"You got that right." She grunts. "You're lucky I didn't call the police on your asses or else."

"You were already here?" My beautiful girl asks, confusion adorning her gorgeous face.
"I was waiting for you," I explain.

"I told him to leave but I guess he's just as stubborn as you, Madi. Match made in stubborn heaven." She tilts her head. "Judging by the kissing I assume you confessed your feelings to him?"

Madison blushes and I playfully nudge her with my shoulder. "So you were speaking about me, huh?"

"She wouldn't stop being moody."

"Trinity!"

"It's true." Vanessa appears behind Trinity with pieces of bread. "Your mom sent me to check on you guys. She sends you this."

She hands Madison the bread and she gives one to me. It looks different. Almost resembling a shell. "It's bolillo." She says at my confused look.

"What?" I say, never having seen anything like this.

"Bolillo," Trinity repeats in a bored tone. "It's Mexican bread. A baguette of sorts. It helps for when you get scared." She clarifies then her nose wrinkles, "Well, you freaked us out but oh well, same thing."

Madison rips out a chunk of her own and once she swallows she hands it to me. "Only a piece. You don't need to eat the whole thing. I'm sure you don't eat much bread judging by your..." A blush tinges her cheeks and a huge grin takes over my face as she takes me in.

"I see my bruises aren't the only things you noticed." I tease as her face turns beet red. I bend down to give her a kiss on the nose hoping it soothes her.

"Um, eww. Can you not?" Trinity rolls her eyes and turns on her heel, heading back toward the living room.

Madison follows after Vanessa but I pull on her arm a bit. "What is it?"

I bend close so she can hear me, her fruity scent overwhelming me. "I don't think your family likes me very much right now."

"Well..." She begins and I nudge her. She bursts out laughing and my heart fills up with a light I haven't felt in a long time. "I'm just playing. Like Liam said, we are all each other has ever got, and...can you blame them for being wary?"