"Apologize? Apologize! What's that going to do!" Father asked.

  '"Apologizing does nothing Father."'

  "Apologizing does nothing Father." I replied keeping a poker face.

  All the emotion of fear had disappeared.

  It was replaced with nothing.

  I felt empty.

  Like a void.

  "Exactly!" Father said taking one step towards me which I responded by taking a step back.

  It wasn't because I was scared.

  It was a body reflex and precaution.

  But I had completely forgotten that my legs weren't in any condition to move.

  My leg couldn't support me.

  Instead it twisted in a weird way...

  As I took a step back my whole body collapsed backwards.

  I was now on the floor with my elbows supporting my weight.

  'Ow...' I silently whined as I felt my left elbow take a large blow.

  Lucky my elbow took most of the impact not my head.

  My legs were bended up in an upside down V.

  I felt my legs trembling and a sharp pain at my left ankle.

  But my face showed no pain.

  It just looked empty.

  'Get up into a begging pose on your knees and say "I'm sorry Father, Please accept my apology."'

  I bend my legs inward so I could be in a kneeling pose.

  Every movement in my left leg hurt.

  Well I know it hurt.

  But I didn't feel it.

  I knew that pain was slowly consuming my senses.

  But I didn't feel it so I could act like nothing was going on.

  "I'm sorry Father, please accept my apology." I said knowing my body was in pain but not feeling any of it, keeping my stoic face.

  It was almost scary how I knew my body was in pain yet I didn't feel it.

  My expression reflected my emotion.

  Which was nothing.

  Like an endless pit with nothing at the bottom.

  "Sorry isn't going to do anything!" I heard how Father raised his voice.

  'If he slaps me right now my head would twist to the left and I would also lose my balance so my head might hit the wall, I need to be careful to not hit my head.' my brain had to be prepared since Father seemed mad enough to be violent.

  "Claude stop." I looked up as saw how Felix held onto Father's arm making father unable to hit me if he wanted to.

  I took a peek and saw behind Father, Amaranth was barely even standing.

  She was having trouble breathing from what I can see.

  It was uneven and forced.

  Her entire face was pale.

  She was looking down at her feet as if telling them 'Dont give up.'

  "Stand back Felix! You have no right to stop me from disciplining this wrench!" Father yelled trying to get his hand out of Felix grasp.

  "No. She is like a niece to me. I'm not going to stand around and watch you hit her. Please Claude... Stop..." Felix tone was soft.

  Felix was never the type of person to confront someone, asking him to stand up for himself is already pain for him.

  Standing up for someone else is almost as good as impossible for Felix.

  "No. You are my employee Felix! So listen to your employer." Father yelled putting his hand down and staring and me.

  "Claude please... I am asking you as someone who's like your brother... Please..." Felix silently begged Father.

  "No! She almost took the life of Jennett-"

  The door bell rang.

  'Shit...' I looked at father asking for permission to get the door.

  "Go get it you wrench." Father said.