Crayon Town

Crayon Town has a US Copyright already! I can't wait to publish it! :)

Once upon a time there was a blue crayon who lived in a blue town. Everything in that blue town was blue. The sky was blue, the sun was blue, even the grass was...you guessed it, blue!

The blue crayon was tired of living in a town where everything was blue. He went to the mayor of the blue town and asked if they could have another color. The mayor of blue town got very angry at the blue crayon. He told the blue crayon that he was not welcome in the blue town any longer, and he sent the blue crayon away.

The blue crayon set out on his way. He didn't walk far before he came across a yellow town. Everything in that town was yellow, the people were yellow, the dogs were yellow, even the cats were...you guessed it, yellow!

The blue crayon couldn't believe his eyes. He was so happy that he'd come across a town of another color. His excitement wasn't to last long. The mayor of yellow town was called out to see what was the matter, for the whole town had come to see this strange blue outsider. He told the blue crayon that this was a yellow town, and they did not like strange colors. He sent the blue crayon away.

The blue crayon, once again, set out on his way. He didn't walk far before he came to a red town. Everything in that town was red. The cars were red, the buses were red, even the trains were...you guessed it, red!

Once again, the blue crayon was very excited! He liked seeing this new town with its beautiful red color. However, just as it was in the yellow town, so it was in the red town. Nobody liked this blue intruder that had come to their nice, red town. They all shouted for the mayor to come. When the mayor did come, he did not waste any time before telling the blue crayon that he was not welcome. He too, sent the blue crayon away.

The blue crayon was getting very sad. He didn't understand why the different colored towns didn't like him. He decided that he was going to set up a brand new town. A white town, a town that could be colored in by as many strangers as would wish to come. He got to work straight away building white houses, white streets, and white trees.

The blue crayon lived alone in this white town until one day, a purple crayon happened by. The blue crayon asked the purple crayon if he would like to stay and help to color the new town. The purple crayon thought that this was a splendid idea. He agreed to stay.

The blue crayon began to color things that he liked best. He colored the sky blue, he colored the water blue, he even colored some of the flowers...you guessed it, blue!

The purple crayon also began to color things that he liked best. He colored his house purple, he colored his favorite flowers purple, and he even colored parts of the morning sky...you guessed it, purple!

It wasn't long before crayons from neighboring towns heard about this new town. They all wanted to live there. Even the mayors came!. Each of the new crayons colored their favorite things the color that they were. Each day, the town got more and more colorful, until it was filled with brilliance! The sky was blue, the sun was yellow, the grass was green!

Everyone who lived in this new town was extremely happy to live somewhere so colorful, and never again did any of them wish to live in a world with just one single color.

The End