CHAPTER 22 (DADA)

LISA'S POV

I cautiously opened my eyes and was taken aback by the brightness of the entire room. My body felt heavy, and my head hurt as if it were carrying a big load.

"What am I doing here?"

"Finally you're awake, Manoban" I heard someone spoke next to me.

"Wendy, where am I?" I asked her.

"Manoban, take a look at yourself" I realized that I had dextrose in my hand, as well as a bandage on my head.

"I've been here for how long?" When I discovered my condition, I asked Wendy.

"Two days, you've been asleep for two days" She answered me.

I was silent for a moment. Is Jennie looking for me? Maybe not because she was certainly preoccupied with her wedding preparations. Mr. Kim and I had a talk, and I recall it vividly.

"No one knows you're here, do you want me to call Jennie?" Wendy asked.

"No, I don't want to see her" I replied.

I noticed Wendy's forehead furrowed. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm going home to Thailand"

"Well then, you're just ruining your life here. You should be grateful that you are still alive" Wendy rose up and gathered up the food on the table before returning to sit next to me.

"When are you planning to return to Thailand?"

"I've already booked a flight and will return to Thailand as soon as I'm released from this hospital" I respond to her.

When I talked to Seulgi last week, I really wanted to leave Korea but I was still hesitant to leave Jennie, but now I have a reason. I have spent almost three years of my life for Jennie, maybe this is the right time for me to choose myself. This decision was not easy for me, I am used to being with her and I don't know what my life would be like in Thailand without her but I can't just depend on her. She hasn't been with me in a long time, and even though she is, I can't feel her presence anymore. The Jennie I loved, was no longer with me.

A few days later and I was released from the hospital. I let Wendy take care of everything that had to be paid, I also asked her to accompany me back to Thailand and she didn't hesitate to come with me. I didn't say goodbye to my friends, especially Jennie but I texted Mr. Kim that I can't accept his offer and he seems to understand my reason.

---

I'm on the beach right now, Koh Sichang is one of Thailand's most beautiful island. I opted to spend a few days here before returning to Korea because I needed to be alone and meditate after so much had happened in the previous weeks. Even though my family and friends support me, there is still someone I expect to be with me when I achieve my goals here in Thailand. I have accomplished a lot, I have fulfilled my dream, and I had a loving fiance, but why do I always feel something is missing?

Why despite the pain you caused, you are still the reason why I do this.

I looked up at the sky, and gazed at the stars.

Jennie you know, I want to forget you, it's just that I can't teach my heart not to love you because as I usually tell you. Every time I stare at the stars, I love you even more.

***

JENNIE'S POV

I buy flowers prior before going to see him, and I frequently visit him when I am sad or thinking a lot of things. He is the one person who makes me happy. I placed the flower I'd brought beside the rock with his name inscribed on it. I sat on the lawn with a blanket, I always make sure the place where he is, is always clean.

"Hello, my angel. I'm sorry if Mommy just came to see you again, but I have good news for you, I met your Dada again but I can't introduce you to her yet because Dada is still busy, but don't worry when she returns to Korea, I'll take her here right away"

I wiped the tears dripping down my cheeks.

"Don't think that Dada doesn't love you, I'm sure if she met you she would love you so much because that's what she did to Mommy. Dada loves Mommy very much but Mommy made a mistake that's why Dada left, but I promise you, Mommy will do her best to bring Dada back"

"Jendeukie" I was surprised when Jisoo unnie spoke behind me, I turned to her and saw that she was also carrying a flower, she put it down and sat next to me.

"Hi baby, how are you? Are you happy with grandma there? Tell her we miss her so much" Jisoo unnie said while smiling. I noticed her tears but she didn't let it drip. "Your Mommy is crying again, I hope you are here next to her to wipe away her tears" Jisoo unnie hugged me. "Don't cry in front of your child he might be sad" She told me.

I wiped away my tears and forced a smile. "Have you told Lisa about this?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know how to tell her, unnie. Will she believe me?"

"It doesn't matter if she believes you or not, the important thing is you told her and you did not deprive her about it" Unnie replied.

"Are you excited to see your Dada? Don't worry the next time your Mommy comes here, she's with your Dada"

"I wonder who he looks like" Unnie laughed.

"Of course I am, I am his mother" I answered while laughing.

We stayed here for a while, unnie and I missed a lot of stories with each other and I feel a bit relieved as well.

- If I told you the truth, would you still leave?

To be continued ~

A/n: I know all of you are confused.