Chapter 10

Akane

2 weeks later

I decided to walk around Ikebukuro to see for myself how it has changed. I didn't have much time, since, for awhile, I was too hung up on hurting Izaya. Eventually, Shizuo finally told me it would be best if I just went out and got fresh air, to forget Izaya. I have a feeling Shizuo doesn't really like Izaya. I'll find out later.

Anyway, I decided to head over to Russia Sushi. There, I saw Kyohei, Saburo, Erika, and Walker. I hadn't seen them in forever. I walked to their table.

"Hey, mind if I sit here with you guys? It has been awhile since we talked about manga, right Erika and Walker?" I greeted them with a grin. Erika looked up first and the look on her face . . . well, it is her surprise face along with one of her fan girl faces combined.

"Oh my gosh, Akane, it's been forever. Guys, it's Akane," Erika exclaimed. Kyohei looked up.

"Well, it has been awhile, Nagoya. Nice to see you here. Sit down here," Kyohei motions for me to sit next to him. We place our orders and continue to chat.

"So, how have you guys been? What's word on the street?" I ask. I haven't been keeping up with anything except what's been going on with the Yellow Scarves.

"Well, have you heard about the Dollars? They're this new color gang that is colorless, you could say. No one really knows who is in there and no one has really seen the leader," Kyohei said casually. I could tell he was in the Dollars.

"Yeah, I have heard," I said. Then, I whispered, "Are you guys in the Dollars? I can tell you are in. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." I winked.

"Yeah, we all are. A lot of people are in. How do you know about the Dollars?" Walker said. I winked again.

"That's a secret," I said cryptically.

We ate our food and talked and laughed. While Erika, Walker, and I talked about manga, Kyohei looked bitterly towards the entrance. I looked at the entrance way as well. My eyes widened. No way. I pulled my hood up.

"Sorry to cut it short, but I have to go. Nice talking to you guys. I'll pay for my pay off the meal," I say, pulling out some yen for the meal. I dash out of the restaurant, leaving most of the gang, except Kyohei, with their mouths hanging open.

I sprint outside, diving through the crowd, pushing people away to make my way through to the front. This can't be happening. I reach the front, and I see Shizuo and Izaya circling each other, like territorial lions. Shizuo had in hand a light pole and his face was full of hatred. Izaya, on the other hand, was smirking, hands in the pockets of his signature jacket, his eyes were cold. Oh no. They are going to fight. Izaya was taunting Shizuo.

"Well, it isn't my problem what that bitch does, 'cuz she isn't my problem now. So, Shizu-chan, I could care less about what is going on with Maron-chan. I lost interest in her ever since what happened. Well, I'd love to stay and chat, Shizu-chan, but I gotta go ba-"

Izaya didn't get to finish before I landed a punch on his jaw. He went back flying a couple meters, eventually landing on his side. Everyone's eyes were on me, but I didn't care. I marched over to Izaya and grabbed him by the collar. He looked surprised at first, but then he went back to that smug look I was starting to not like. I just couldn't stand to hear more

"Well, well. What is this? Someone landed a punch on me that isn't Simon? I am shocked. I must say, you have managed to do something of the impossible. I am curious as to know how you snuck up on me," he said slyly. I threw him down, and stomped off. This isn't the Izaya I knew. He just makes me so angry that I can't think straight.

I feel a hand gran my wrist. I turn around and was about to land a punch again, until I saw it was Kyohei and his band of merry misfits. I put my fist down and I hung my head down.

"Well, aren't you something to watch," Kyohei joked. I turned to scowl at him, but I couldn't stay mad at him for long.

"Hey, I wouldn't make me angry if I were you, Dotachin," I returned. He glared at me.

"Don't call me that."

"Aha, I found your weak spot. Don't underestimate me, Dotachin, because I can make your life miserable," I giggled. "Thanks for making me feel better guys. You all are great." I went over to hug each and every one of them. "Oh, and Erika, keep in touch with me for the rest of the guys, OK?" She saluted me. I winked back.

"Guys, I gotta go and clean a mess up and get home. I'll see you guys around. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but we'll have more time later," I say as a farewell. Erika, Walker, and even Saburo waved, and Kyohei said his usual "See you around, kid."

I walk off, happier than I have ever been in a while.