12 - Dad

Everyone is currently sitting on the couch on their phones. Isn't the modern world so social. Note my sarcasm there.
Logan finally puts his phone sways and looks at me. "So what's been happening"
If only he knew.
"O-oh uh nothing much" my voice a little un easy when I say that.

"Don't lye Mia ur shit of a boyfriend has been over the house" why can't he ever leave me alone.
"What does he want" I pull Sierra closer to me just to have the feeling of happiness.
"I honestly have no idea. He doesn't talk to me only mom. I'm always told to leave the room. But anywhere I go I can hear him. He keeps asking where you are"
I swallow the lump in my throat. Why does he keep asking them if he already knows?
"What about dad" the glimmer in his eyes dye down a bit.
Oh no.
"Mia dads dead" I feel like me heart just stopped. Memories of me and my dad watching a baseball game or going down to the park to walk around and take pictures play in my head.
My dad was the best man on earth. He never did anything wrong.
"Dylan said he told you" anger builds up inside me. By now everyone in the room is looking at me and Logan.
I get up from where I'm sitting and take Sierra up to my room.
I lock the door and sit down on my crisp white bed sheets.
Sierra wakes up from her nap and rubs her eyes. "Mum can I play game" I look I to her eyes and give in.
I get out my phone and let her play her Mickey Mouse word game that she is obsessed with.
She is very smart for her age.

I hear a knock at my door but I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now so I don't answer.
"Mia please open the door"
They knock again.
"Mia" Michael's voice is soft and comforting.
I get up from the bed finally giving in.
I open the door only a little. "Is there anyone else?"

"It's just me" I open the door and let him in.
We go out in the balcony and sit down.
"You don't have to tell me if you want to but do you have any idea what happened to your dad?" His eyes sparkle with the light from the moon.
I pull the sleeves of my sweater over my hand and wrap my arms around myself. I pull my knees closer to my chest and put my head on my knees.
"Michael. I-I don't know" I stop speaking and look over the railing and look at the view. The beach. Me and my dad always went down to the beach at nights and would have mini campfires.
Cook hotdogs and marshmallows.
He would even let me have a sip of his beer.

I got up and grab the handle of the door to go back inside.
Before I got the chance Michael grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug.
After a second or two I wrapped my arm around him and cried into his shoulder.
"You probably think I'm a baby or something for crying all the time" I chuckle lightly.
"Mia crying doesn't mean your weak it means you've been strong for too long. You've been putting up with so much shit in your life it is all finally catching up to you. Believe me it ok"
We stay like this for another couple minutes and finally head back inside.
Sierra is asleep on the bed and I am very tired.
"Hey you mind if I sleep here in too lazy to go back to my room. If you want to go downstairs I can watch Sierra"
I noticed Michael was already in his PJ's so why not.
"Uh ok"

"Thanks" he lays down on the bed and pulls Sierra into his arm. It's so cute when they are together.

I go downstairs and once I'm at the bottom of the steps I run into Luke.
His face is all red like he is about so blow up with anger.
"Your brothers a dick"
He marches up the stairs and goes into his room. Logan gets up from the couch and comes over to me.
"I thought you knew"
I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone especially not him. "Get the fûck out of the house"
A smirk appears on his face "fine. I was gonna tell you something important but I guess you don't wanna hear it" he still has that smile on his face.

"I really don't care. Now get out"
He grabs his coat and walk out the door.
Calum, Ashton, and Tori all start to walk up the stairs. Tori goes up last.
When she walks past me she says "we'll talk in the morning"
I nod and give her a quick hug.
Michaels in my bed so I thought about sleeping on the couch. Then again I don't wanna be left alone.
Before I know it im upstairs and knocking on Luke's door.
When he opens the door he has no shirt and and sweatpants that hand low on his hips.
"What's up Mia" he opens the door letting me in.
"Michaels sleeping in my room cause he got to lazy to walk down the hall and I don't wanna sleep on the couch alone" I pause an he looks at me like he's waiting for me to continue.
"Do you think I could sleep I here"
He nods.
"Here's some clothes you can go change in the bathroom. He hand me a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants.
I walk into his bathroom and get changed.
When I come out he is laying on his bed playing on his phone.
I grab some pillows and blankets and start to lay them out on the floor.
"What do you think your doing" he stands up right behind me.

"I'm sleeping on the floor"

"No your not. Your my guest so you sleep on the bed" he pushes me over so I'm next to the bed.

"This is your room Luke" I cross my arms and stand there.
He huffs "fine how about we both sleep in the bed"
I think about it for a minute and decide it's fine. "Sure"

He goes over and turns out the lights and I crawl under the covers.
He come over and I turn my phone off and put in the table next to me.
"Did I tell you that you look really cute in my clothes"
I could feel my cheeks start to burn up.
He chuckles. "Goodnight Luke"
I close my eyes and drift of into sleep.
"Goodnight Mia" he kisses my forehead and lays down next to me.

Luke's POV

"Goodnight Mia" she was already asleep so I kissed her on the forehead.
I turn over and lay my head down on the pillow.
She really did look cute in my clothes.
The shirt that was too big for her body and looked more like a dress, and the sweatpants that she rolled up at least 5 times that hung low on her hips.
She was perfect and she didn't even know it.
She thinks no one likes her because of her past and what is going on now.
I hope she realizes that there are people who care for her and won't leave her side. They will stay with her ever second that she needs someone.
Sometimes I will walk past her door and hear her talking to Sierra.
She says that everything happens for a reason and I believe that 100%.
Mia and Sierra came to live with all of us for a reason. We were to help her.
Ever second that she was here I noticed tiny details. Like the way she wakes up in the morning. She will come down stair and no matter what always make coffee first.
She drinks her coffee a weird way. She will make it dark roast with nothing in it and drink half of it. Then she'll add two sugar packets to the other half she didn't drink yet.
The way if it's a lazy day she will wear shorts and a sweatshirt around the house.
When she laughs her eyes crinkle at the corner and she only has only dimple on her right cheek.
It's small things that make her who she is.
She doesn't see what's so great about her.

I seemed to notice though Michael has been talking to her a lot lately.
I know he likes her, but so do I.
I don't have the guts to do anything about it.
I've always like that with girls. I never know the right thing to say or do.
I can never seem to find the right girl to give me butterfly's in my stomach.
I have dated a few girls but I have never fallen hard for them.
But I found a girl who does it all.
She makes me have those butterfly's in my stomach when her hand even brushes mine.

I feel like I can talk to her about anything and she will listen and be there for me.
She doesn't know it but she makes my day even when I see her.
Ever time I talk to her I choke up because I'm nervous that I'm going to say something wrong.
I want to make a move but I'm not sure how.
I'm not sure if she feel the same way.
I think I'm falling hard for this girl.

That girl...

Is Mia.

****************
Ohhhh I'm so excited. 😝
Luke's POV probably didn't make sense.
I'm really bad at writing.
Sorry!!
Anyway.
Did anyone get the new emoji update¿?
I haven't lol.
And also I wanted to say...
Thank you guys soooo much for 600 reads!!!
That's why I was waiting to update.
Haha so ya keep reading.
Love you guys <3