Lazarus Rising [2]

Start from the beginning

Bobby broke, grabbing Dean in for a tight hug.

Dean returned the hug with enthusiasm, relief on his face.

"Your family reunions are weird," Isabelle voiced.

"Thought I told you to stay in the car?!" Dean huffed as he and Bobby pulled apart.

Isabelle shrugged "Saw you two hug, figured everything was water under the bridge," she closed her eyes as water was splashed on her and Dean's face. Isabelle used her sleeves to wipe it off.

"I'm not a demon either, you know," Dean spat.

"Sorry." Bobby said "Can't be too careful,"

***

"But...that doesn't make a lick of sense," Bobby reasoned after Dean explained how he and Isabelle arrived at his place.

"Yeah." Dean sighed "Yeah, you're preachin' to the choir,"

"Dean. Your chest was ribbons, your insides were slop. And you've been buried four months. Even if you could slip out of hell and back into your meat suit..."

"I know, I should look like a Thriller video reject,"

"What do you remember?"

Dean shook his head "Not much. I remember I was a hellhound's chew toy, and then...lights out. Then I come to six feet under, that was it,"

Isabelle quirked an eyebrow as the voices whispered to her once again...he was lying.

Dean cleared his throat to change the subject "Sam's number's not working. He's, uh...he's not..."

"Oh, he's alive." Bobby scoffed "As far as I know,"

"Good..." Dean nodded "Wait, what do you mean, as far as you know?"

"I haven't talked to him for months,"

"You're kidding, you just let him go off by himself?"

"He was dead set on it,"

"Bobby, you should've been looking after him,"

"I tried. These last months haven't been exactly easy, you know. For him or me. We had to bury you,"

"Why did you bury me, anyway?"

Bobby shrugged "I wanted you salted and burned. Usual drill. But...Sam wouldn't have it,"

"Well, I'm glad he won that one,"

"He said you'd need a body when he got you back home somehow. That's about all he said,"

"What do you mean?" Dean wondered.

"He was quiet. Real quiet. And then he just took off." Bobby recalled "Wouldn't return my calls. I tried to find him, but he didn't want to be found,"

"Oh, damnit, Sammy," Dean muttered.

"What?"

"Oh, he got me home okay. But whatever he did, it is bad mojo,"

"What makes you so sure?" Isabelle challenged.

"You saw the gravesite. It was like a nuke went off. And then there was this...this force, this presence, I don't know, but it, it blew past us at a fill-up joint. And then this," Dean stripped his jacket, pulled up his sleeve to reveal a handprint brand.

Isabelle covered her ears as the voices seemed to become louder at the revelation of the brand.

"What in the hell?" Bobby voiced.

"It was like a demon just yanked me out. Or rode me out," Dean claimed as he lowered the sleeve, seeing how Isabelle had reacted.

"But why?"

"To hold up their end of the bargain,"

"You think Sam made a deal,"

"It's what I would have done,"

"263 Adams Road Pontiac, Illinois," Isabelle recited.

"What?"

Isabelle tilted her head as she listened "It's where Sam is,"

"How do you know that?" Bobby wandered

"The voices never lie. They're what lead me to Dean," Isabelle reminded.

"Pontiac, Illinois?" Dean questioned.

Isabelle nodded.

"Son of a bitch,"

"Did I do something wrong?" Isabelle wondered.

"Pontiac, Illinois is where we just were Izzy,"