MIND BLOWN

I'm sitting in math class, and the teacher is handing out worksheets to everyone. Like normal Mondays, of course. Completely normal, because why wouldn't be? We're all looking through the paper as the teacher explains the instructions. Walter, the guy that sits in front of me, blinks in confusion as he stares at his paper. I tilt my head at him, confused as to why he was so bewildered by our assignment. It was just adding decimals, the easiest thing we've done so far. I shrug it off and go back to my own paper to work. Perhaps 5, 10 minutes later, 15, 20 minutes into class, Walter's face was a bright red, and I swore I smelled smoke from something. Out of nowhere, he catches fire. We all yelp and quickly stand from our seats. I tried to move back, but I hit the wall in front of me. The teacher scrambles to try and calm Walter, hurriedly grabbing his water off his desk, trying to calm the fire. Walter was obviously crying. As were a few other kids, presumably scared of fire. I'm scared of it too, there's no reason not to be. Eventually, the fire goes out and we all sigh. Walter was a mess, teary eyed, burned, and just about covered in smoke. Somehow, nobody came to check on us, and no fire alarm was pulled. Probably should have, but we were terrified. I stare at Walter before shakily taking my seat again. I could see my hands shaking and I blinked. Walter was escorted off to the office quickly, most likely so his parents would be called. I looked to the people around me. I looked at Becky, trying to smile, but it most likely looked more scared and nervous then the comforting atmosphere I was going for. Becky tried to smile back, but it looked about the same as mine. Jack, the boy in front of where Walter sat, was visibly shaking, rather badly as well. I knew the teacher left with Walter, so I got up to comfort him, putting a hand on his shoulder to try and calm him. Looking around the classroom, everyone seemed stressed and nervous, but alright. I sighed, knowing that our class probably was traumatized now. Therapy would be needed. Especially me. Imagine bringing that up in therapy. 'Yeah, so this kid caught fire in math. No, it was just spontaneous.' I shook my head in slight amusement as I went back to work.

(The wonders of copy/paste man- I hand typed that last one TnT)