vi. mombie dearest

Start from the beginning

Dorian nodded. "Yeah."

"I'm Jo."

"You're his dead wife? I mean... fiancée, I mean, uh..." Dorian stopped. He turned towards Alaric, "You don't think she's actually..."

"No, I don't." The headmaster stated.

"Did you see how she got here?"

"I was sort of, um... yanked awake and then I was just here." Jo told them.

Alaric chuckled. "Nothing suspicious about that."

Dorian looked at him. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Kill her now before she attacks?" Alaric asked.

"Wait, what?"

Dorian looked at the headmaster. "I-I... I was more, 'Let's interrogate her.' Because if she's the next monster, then maybe she would know more than the dryad did."

Alaric sighed and brought down the crossbow. "Okay, but no one sees her. Especially today."

Dorian nodded. "Good idea."

"I need Emma."

***

Emma was sitting in her office drinking some coffee as she listened to Sophia

Emma was sitting in her office drinking some coffee as she listened to Sophia. Hope had just walked out, and Sophia walked in right after, sitting down across from the guidance counselor. "Obviously, it didn't mean anything. I mean, he might be my mate, but he might not. We've been friends since we were eleven, but... I don't know. He may never speak to me again." The brunette paused when she realized what she just said.

"What if he doesn't? What if I ruined one of my first friendships with someone? I'll be stuck wondering if he actually likes me as a friend or as a girlfriend. We haven't made it official yet. I won't be able to be in the same room as him, even though we're both wolves and we hang out together. I'm loyal to the pack, but then I heard Alyssa Chang talking about it with the witches, and I have no idea how she got that information. I don't know how the two factions would feel. And..." She took a deep breath. "Who am I right now?"

Emma chuckled. "A normal teenager? I've had this conversation with your cousin. Though I do love hearing you two talk about something as simple as having a crush on a boy." She stood up to leave. "You do not need a counselor, Sophia. You need a friend, and I am not talking about the werewolf pack."

Sophia opened her mouth to protest, but closed it when Emma finished her statement. The guidance counselor gave her a knowing look, then walked away. Sophia sighed.

***

Rafael was in the grand hall, gathering the wolves to help set up for Josie and Lizzie's sixteenth birthday. "All right, let's get the rest of these chairs and tables and get 'em out of here. All right? Let's go, let's go."

Rafael started to walk around the room to check on how things were going when Sophia and Hope entered. Rafael turned towards them. "Is this how it feels to be an alpha?"