Banquet

The moment I entered the door, I was greeted by Miss Choi who stood up from her seat, regardless of her social status, with open arms inviting me for an embrace.

"Omo... I only heard about your beauty but my my you're more beautiful that words could merely put.", Miss Choi smiled genuinely.

I felt invited and appreciated after a long long time.

But what her eyes missed was a keen stare coming from the other side of the room.
The room which was a banquet hall decorated with fresh fragrant flowers and shimmery cloth as if it was a wedding.

On one side were thirteen chairs arranged in a circular fashion around a beautiful white table, where the couple sat, and on the other side of the room was a bar where certain unfamiliar men were enjoying their drinks.
.

On one side were thirteen chairs arranged in a circular fashion around a beautiful white table, where the couple sat, and on the other side of the room was a bar where certain unfamiliar men were enjoying their drinks

As my eyes glance around the room looking for the "thirteen kids", it slipped from my mouth,

"I don't see the kids"

"kids...", Miss choi peeked at my father and giggled before looking over my shoulder.
She called out,
"Kids.. Gather around" right when the door opened to reveal..

Xu Ming Hao.

It then hit me like a bus.
The kids weren't kids... They were those eight men walking towards me with different looks on their faces.
They simply greeted me with a hi or a bow and didn't tarry in occupying seats on the round table.
There was, however, two strange people.
One who wasn't familiar with me but kept sneaking glances; if you ask how I know, we women are just good at spotting stalkers,
And two, one who was recently familiar with me, not sparing me even a glance.

I was startled when a very handsome man with a good build shuffled in the seat beside me.
"hello", he smiled.

His presence was warm and his vibe was welcoming.

"I'm Mingyu. Nice to meet you.", he said.