Take 3

He was having an inner turmoil since 3 days and she wasn't able to figure out why was he being so quiet

He was having an inner turmoil since 3 days and she wasn't able to figure out why was he being so quiet. She decided to ask herself out but the way he entered the room made her go numb. He was all withered out of life. Very broken. Very pale. Very insensitive to the surroundings.

The walk of raghav rao has lost it's style that he previously had. A blank expression on face and walking absent-minded into their room with the coat in his hand was a scene that pallavi dreaded to watch.

What is the matter with him ?

Is he drunk ?

What happened ?

Why is he looking so defeated ?

Is it something to do with any business deal ?

He walked to their bed silently until pallavi called out his name.

" Raghav ?"

He looked at her ever so pale that she dreaded to see the broken down raghav rao.

She moved forward and cupped his face with her slender yet warm palms.

The moment the warmth touched his skin he rose back to life which he seemed to have lost since the incident he witnessed today.

" Kya hua hein raghav ?" She asked slowly.

He closed his eyes and tears forced their way out of his eyes travelling the whole length of the face.

" Raghav !" She spoke in worry.

He left his coat to fall down and held her palms with his trying to get a hold on himself from breaking down.

The coldness of his palm made her worry more but the way he held her palm, she knew he wants her support.

She tried to put another palm on the cheek but he swooped in for a hug.

It was sudden but pallavi got her ground to stabilize to support his large frame.

He completely covered his both hands around her shoulders bending down to her level to seek the warmth of her body.

She slowly rubbed his back to soothe him down and could feel the cold tears of his eyes move down her back.

She was worried why he was crying so much and she didn't want to disturb him and let him pour down everything.

Seeing her Rao in such a situation was heartbreaking but he needs to calm down right now before asking him anything.

The sobs died down and his grip on her shoulders loosened. He broke the hug and settled down on his bed.

Pallavi was constantly watching him to see any reaction but he was still. She took his palms into his and slightly pressed them as if assuring him that he can share.

He looked at her and smiled how well she understands him.

" Merko rote hue dekh kar darr gaya na tum ?"

" Nai ! Balki iss liye darr gayi kyunki tumhe itna kya dard hein jo tum itne dinon se dabake rakhe ho apne dil mein....."

" Bataunga par aaj nai ...."

" Teekh hein ..... Koi baat nai .... par so to sakte ho na ....?" She smiled lightly.

She tried to get up to bring him his night suit but he tugged her wrist and she turned to look at him.

He hesitated to say and she sat beside him looking at his husband's cute face.

" Kya hua raghav ?"

" Kya mein....? Ummm.... I mean ... Vo..... "

" Batao "

" Kya mein tumhari godh mein sar rakh kar so sakta hun ?" He asked cutely not looking at her eyes.

" Haan "

He slowly slides his head into her lap and held her knees as if a child was holding her mother for protection.

Rao's small small gestures always fascinated pallavi but today her heart swell to see him in tears. She wanted to protect this baby side of Raghav Rao and so she leaned to his arm as if taking him to her HEART.

" Teri bahon mein vo sukoon hein
Jo kabhi iss akeli jaan ko mila nahin,

Teri godh mein vo araam hein
Jo kabhi kisi takiye mein humko mila nahin.......

Do pal tumhe jakad lun iss tarah
Ki duniya ki zaroorat na pade,

Do ghont gam bhi bhula dun iss tarah
Ki kabhi sharaab ko chuna na pade ......"

                       - Raghav Rao

Soon he drifted off to sleep in her lap and she adored his Ghamandi Rao with extreme affection. This was the first time he asked her something like a child and pallavi just melted in his hesitation.

The child side of him he showed her today made her feel all special again.

She caressed him as a child with her fingers in his ever so curly hair making him drift into a slumber.

She tilted her head in his shoulder and her caresses on his forehead slowed down making her slip into a deep slumber.

[ Teri bahon mein hein  mere dono jahaan

Tu rahe jidhar meri jannat wahin ........
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Mere hoke hamesha rehna

Kabhi na kehna alvida ........]

[ I hope you all know the lyrics of the rest of the song....... 😉❤️ ]

See you soon !!!

With love,

Writer_Ak ❤️