"I do mind," I told him. "If you sit here, I'll move somewhere else."

He nodded. "Fair. Can I talk to you for a moment though?"

"Can you keep your hands to yourself?"

"Yeah, sorry about that."

I glanced at him. He looked apologetic. But I couldn't trust that just yet. 

"What do you want to say?"

"I wanna say something important about before," he replied. "It doesn't have to be now, but maybe some time later?"

 "I don't know," I replied honestly. "We didn't part on good terms."

He nodded. "I understand. Just let me know. You still have my number, right?

Reluctantly, I nodded. Despite everything. I still hadn't deleted it.

I glanced at Sonia. Though her atten­tion was elsewhere, she was listening.

At least she was letting Carlos speak up for once. Her over protectiveness for the most part had ruined our friendship. Maybe I'd been impatient too but I couldn't change the past. Just got to live with it. We both had to do what we had to. I couldn't hold it against her. 

After introductions and the mini bingo game, Mr. Keller finally got into the lesson. For the most part, we pract­iced where to turn in work and set up procedures. Most of the other classes went about the same way. We talked for a whole lot and did a little learning. 

Luckily, I only had Sonia for Math. Carlos, on the other hand, was in my other morning classes, like Reading. He didn't sit beside me this time. 

I checked my messages between classes but Alexander never messaged me. Seems like he wasn't coming to school today. Well, maybe he would show up later.

Later came and it was time for lunch.

The girls found me easily enough. I had claimed the same table I had eaten at for the past two years as my own. This time Carlos and Sonia weren't my table mates. They had found somewhere else to sit. 

"Are those the new members?" I asked them as they placed their lunch down.

I had noticed the group of freshmen and other older classmen they had walked in with. 

"Yeah," Brissa said. "We got a few new applicants this year so we're doing introductions and letting them know what we're all about."

"Brissa is the new leader," Amber said. "Kerrie passed on the role to her."

"I don't remember Kerrie being in charge," I admitted.

"That girl can like multitask like crazy," Sandra said. "It's how she got everything done. But we have two 'captains' now so, not one person is in charge of everything."

"You should join, you know," Amber said. "It's super fun and we do bake sales and -"

"Nope," Brissa cut in. "She can't join." She looked at me. "No offense." Back to Amber. "We stan the prince. Let's be honest. Not everyone likes the idea of the Prince dating. What do you think will happen if we bring his girlfriend?"

"Oh," Amber said. "I guess I hadn't thought of that. It'll probably be awkward for everyone."

"Yeah."

"Anyways," Sandra said. "We pulled out resources together and this is what we have." She handed me a folder. 

I took a bite of my food before grabbing it and flipping it open. The handwriting was so detailed and well thought out.