Chapter Seven

"Okay, so what I want you to do is put your hands out, palms up and put your fingers on your right hand over the fingers on your left." I copy Casey as she tells me what to do. Lea is hovering near me and I have the biggest smile on my face ever. From the corner of my eye I can see that the boys too are wearing huge smiles. The photographer and video recorder guy is hovering nearby too, catching photos and clips. "That's good." Casey says once I've done what she told me to do. "Now put the back of your hands down so they are just skimming the water. Lea will swim over to you and rest her jaw on your fingers." I do as she says again, nodding my head in acknowledgement. Lea swims and rests the tip of her jaw in my fingers. "When you're ready, lean down, pucker up those lips and kiss the tip of her nose."
"I'm jealous." I hear Gabriel mutter.
I giggle slightly and look over at him and do something I never thought I would do. I wink at him. His cheeks tint but he winks and grins back. I turn my gaze back to Lea, pucker up my lips and place them on her nose, kissing her gently. Her skin feels odd against my lips. Like rubber but it's a sensation I could get used to.
I pull back and beam to her. "Good." Casey praises. She turns to the boys. "Who's next?"

                                                                    *

After ten minutes of arguing over who is next, Owen breaks us off into groups. Owen, Kota, North and Luke go to Julie and the dolphin Lester. Nathan, Victor and Gabriel go with Casey and Lea while myself, Sean and Silas go with Josh and the dolphin Cindy.
Josh looks way too happy for my liking when Casey puts us with him.
Sean wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me towards him. "What's the matter Pookie?" He whispers in my ear. My eyes are still on Josh and I watch as they narrow into an evil glare. I give him a confused look before turning my head and looking at Sean's chest.
"Josh is creeping me out a little." I whisper into it, knowing he can hear me.
Silas is hovering near by and I hear him growl. I twirl around, looking at him over Sean's shoulder. He catches my eye and I give him a pleading look, not wanting him to start a fight or something while we're here, with the dolphins, having an amazing experience. His eyes soften and he nods his head, catching my drift. Breaking eye contact with me, he looks over to North's group and I immediately know that Silas is doing that silent communication with him.
"Don't worry, Pookie. Leave them." I nod even though I can't help but worry.
For the next hour my eyes are jumping from Owen to North to Kota and so on, not wanting to miss a moment as they all do what I have just experienced with the dolphins, kissing their rubbery skin of their nose. My smile is so huge, my cheeks ache.
The funniest moment was when I had to watch big bad North bend down and pucker those lips for the dolphin. I heard him grumble about kissing an animal, a creature of the sea and something else. However, my ears were wagging everytime he or Gabriel spoke, making sure they didn't cuss. They both caught themselves a couple of times, looking my way each time to see if I was paying attention, everytime I would catch their eyes and they would grin at me like they had done nothing. I raised an eyebrow then giggled, which caused Sean to start laughing with me.
Josh stopped smiling when he realized I didn't pay any attention to him. I mean, why would I? I don't even know him and I hate the looks he's sending to my boys. The few times I did catch his eye, he would smirk at me and wink, I forced myself not to cringe and keep my face neutral. It was hard because I felt the weight of nine other sets of eyes on me each time they realized he was looking my way. I ignored their stares as much as I could because I know they would be able to see right through my facade.
I paid attention to Josh when he was showing us hand gestures to use for the dolphins. I was able to get Cindy to do a little dance in the water. It was amazing to know that a little sign language could be a way to talk to a dolphin because that's what you were doing really.
When it came to actually swimming with Cindy, it was thrilling. I held onto her fin while she pulled me along in the water.
It was an experience I want to have again. It was thrilling, exciting, amazing, I could go on forever to explain that moment.
When we were all done we all go back to our lounge chairs. Kota is quick pulling me onto his lounge chair with him. He pulls me back so my back is flush against his chest, his legs on either side of mine, his arms wrapped around my waist. He burries his nose into my messy, salty smelling hair. "How was that, sweetie?"
I sigh happily. "It was wonderful, Kota, completely amazing. How was it for you?"
"It's an experience I would love to experience again, sweetie, especially if it's with you. The smile on your face will forever be buried deep in my mind."
He links our fingers together and rests them on my stomach as I lean back and relax into him more. I rest my head back on his shoulder.
"I swear to god if that fuc..." North pauses what he was saying and glances over to me. I raise an eyebrow at him. He lets out a frustrated sigh. "I swear to god if that fudging..." He stops again and looks at me. "Baby, I can't do this."
Luke laughs. "Did you actually just say fudging? You replaced the naughty f word with fudging."
"Go and do one, Luke."
Luke is full out belly laughing now. We all join in. Looking back at me, North says. "Seriously Baby, I can't do this."
"Yes you can." I tell him. "I know you can. I believe..." My voice trails off as Kota's thumb circles that spot under my belly button and I let out a little, quiet moan. Kota's thumb immediately stops circling and from the corner of my eye I spot Silas frantically shaking his head at him.
Everyone's eyes widen when they realize what Kota just did. They're all doing their silent communication and my face feels like it's on fire. I'm not too sure what that spot is, but now I feel an ache in the pit of my stomach.
Embarrassed, I quickly jump off the lounger, not bothering to look at any of the boys as I head towards the bathroom, just to get away for a moment. I'm completely mortified.