₁₅. Yᴏᴜ Aʀᴇ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god, I'm sorry. I was so focus I didn't hear you." answered Emerson, quickly backing away from him

"It's okay, I should have known to be careful."

"What did you want?" she softly asked

"Just checking on where you were?"

"Why? How long have I been typing ?"

"Oh, no more than 5 minutes but you stopped talking, which is-unusual."

"Oh, yea sorry, um," she started, looking back to her computer "actually... I just finished."

"Already!?" asked Hank, surprised

"Um, yea...," she said "can I upload it?"

"Yes, yes of course! Do it."

She went back to her computer, wrote one last word and press the button enter. She waited 30 second before talking again.

"Well, I'm sorry I've made you lose your time," she sadly said "I'll just reconnect it as it was and go."

No one dared talking, they were all a bit disappointed in her. But as she was about to unplug the first wire, she heard the power turning on and the light coming. 

She did it, she actually did it.

"OH MY GOD MER! YOU DID IT!" Scott shouted, running to hug her "you did it!"

"Well done, Emerson." said Hope before turning to her dad and hugging him

"I did it." she whispered to herself

After a long time of explanation on how she did it, she went back upstairs to her room. It was midnight. And for the first time in a long time, she felt useful for a good reason. She kept smiling as she changed to bed but once she reached her pillow, her smile dropped and the nightmare reappeared.

She found herself again in this icy forest, wearing her Hydra's suit. When she looked back up, she was in an Italian restaurant. She saw herself and her parents talking around three half-eaten scoops of chocolate ice cream. She knew exactly where she was. What she didn't know is why she was here. She looked behind her when she saw her younger self looked at her, she couldn't possibly see her, right? Seeing nothing wrong, she looked back and saw the little girl standing up next to her.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me and I can't believe you lied to me." she whispered looking at her hands that were slowly becoming red. 

After what seems like an eternity, the little girl looked up to the table and Emerson followed her sight. Her parents were slightly grey and had both a bullet wound on their forehead and purple marks on their necks. They were dead but before this thought could actually reach Emerson mind, she was pulled elsewhere. She closed her eyes as she felt herself being torn apart.

When she opened her eyes again, she was in the Avenger's compound, still looking at herself. She knew what was about to happen so she waited for her brother to barge outside, shouting on her. But he never came. She didn't know why but she started searching for him and the first place was his bedroom. When she walked in, the decoration closely looked like her childhood home and Peter was lying face down the floor, in a pool of blood. His blood. She could read, written above his head, "You have no family" as she began to be pull away from the room, from the compound and from her body.

She woke up at 4am, went for a run, trained with Scott and Hope and took care of Cassie, just like she used to before yesterday and before the Quantum Realm, as if nothing had happened. 

She wanted to say that she was relaxing and enjoying her time there but the truth was that she was feeling more alone than usual. In the, now, 18 days she had spent at Scott's house, she just had the first diner to really be with him and enjoy him. The worst was that she saw him every day but their discussion wasn't going more than a formal conversation.