Chapter 34 - 𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝑺𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔

Start from the beginning

"Worrisome like how..?"

"You sure do ask a lot of questions Kenma." The man wasn't even giving her a chance to explain. It was just one question after the other.

"Worrisome like...disappearing for long hours without informing me. Then, when I eventually caught up with him, he wouldn't tell me where he'd been. He'd complain that I was continually intruding on his personal space, and it made him uncomfortable since it felt like I didn't trust him."

Kenma was no genius but something about that statement felt off. "So what did you do about it?"

"I stopped questioning him." Obviously.

Kenma gave you a look. Like a judgemental one. He was basically calling you stupid without using his words. But he didn't mean to. His face had a kind of its own.

"We'd been together for so long that leaving was out of the question, so I just kept putting up with it. Even if I wasn't always happy. I was hoping that things would improve, you know?"

"How long we're you guys together?"

"Two years."

"..." Kenma means this in the nicest way possible but judging by what you're telling him so far...you're an idiot. But yet again, this was all the way back in the beginning of highschool so you're idiocracy can be excused.

"I'm sure you saw where I was going with that but yeah, he cheated on me."

"Oh..shit, that's..." He wasn't expecting that. "I'm sorry."

"But it's okay, it was a mistake." 

Kenma wished he could take his sympathy back. "A mistake? So you didn't leave him after you caught him cheating?"

"He apologized, and like I said, we were together for a while and I thought we had a future together so I forgave him."

It didn't make sense to Kenma. A person cannot just 'accidentally' cheat. Especially after being with someone for two entire years. That's like saying 'hey mom, I accidentally walked into my sisters room and stabbed her because I didn't even recognize it was her'. "How did he 'accidentally' cheat??"

"His parents were fighting again, and he wasn't feeling good since I wasn't there to cheer him up so he found other ways to make himself happy." At this point even [Y/n] herself could hear how stupid she was sounding.

"Wait. He didn't sleep with someone else right?" That's like an entire different tier of cheating. Kenma thought he was just messing around with another woman behind your back or something, but holy shit this is way worse.

"Yeah, he did."

"Woah...I'm sorry." He wasn't sure what else to say. That was...damn. "So then you told him you were pregnant after you caught him cheating, and he wasn't ready, and that's why the both of you separated right?" Kenma was trying to make sense of this bundle of confusion.

"That was before I got pregnant."

Yeah, Kenma could no longer excuse your idiocracy. "He was your boyfriend of two years, but you weren't even the first person he slept with?" And his reasoning was because he was sad? What kind of Telenovela bullshit is that?

"I never said that I didn't sleep with him." [Y/n] notified.

"You never said that you did, and I doubt that you would, so did you?"