Chapter 34 - 𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝑺𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔

Start from the beginning

Kenma on the other hand felt like there was something off about everything she was telling him so far. She was basically praising her ex. She kept complimenting him and bringing up all of his good accomplishments. It made him feel...bad. Was she still in love with him or something?

"He never said anything out of the way, or did anything to make me feel uncomfortable-" she continued recalling the events as Kenma sat there with a bummed out look on his face. Unfortunately [Y/n] wasn't able to pick up on it.

Why did she have to specify that her ex never said anything out of the way or made her feel uncomfortable? Does Kenma make her uncomfortable? Has he said anything out of the way to her? Now he felt guilty.

"He was a really great guy Kenma, truly." It almost sounded like she was trying to convince him.

"Oh...okay." Kenma faked a smile to disguise his jealously. He shouldn't be jealous about this, that would be extremely childish of him.

Yet again, it sure does hurt knowing that he'd always come second place to him. He was her first everything, they even had a kid together, and she's clearly still into him. So what exactly is he supposed to do now? Sit here and suck it up like a man?

"Then....high-school started." [Y/n] visibly grew tense and this drew Kenma's attention back to her. "He changed...a little bit." A lot actually, but she couldn't let him know that.

"Changed like how?" Kenma inquired.

"His priorities, his behavior, his interest, you know...things like that."

Kenma did in fact not know. "Things like what?"

"You know how boys are..." She clued.

"I'm not sure I do." Kenma wanted her to say what she had in mind instead of beating around the bush like she always would.

"Highschoolers they're...more mature than they were in middle school." She wasn't just going to flat out say it. Kenma would have to use his context clues. "Their mindsets change and they have certain expectations of their partners."

"Horny?" He figured that's what she was getting at here. Atleast he'd hope that's what she meant. If not then it would be beyond embarrassing on his part.

"Well...yeah, basically." You're glad he said it so you wouldn't have to.

Kenma was now slowly piecing things together in his head and coming to his own conclusions.

"So you were in love, you guys had sex and you got pregnant?" Logically speaking that made the most sense to him. "So why did the two of you separate?" It didn't seem to be any bad blood between the both of you.

"Well..." [Y/n] trailed. "It didn't exactly happen like that, but I suppose you can put it like that."

"Is it because you moved away?" He wasn't giving the woman a chance to get her words together to explain the situation.

"No.."

"Then why?"

"He wasn't ready for a kid."

"Oh..." Despite the fact that it was the most evident option, Kenma had entirely forgotten about it. They were high-schoolers after all. Of course he wasn't ready.

"But he was a good guy, and he loved you?" If he truly loved you as much as you claim then he would have just accepted it and worked out a solution.

Now [Y/n] was in a pickle here. "He was..a good guy." She corrected. "In middle school."

Kenma raised a brow. "But the time period was barely a year. He couldn't have changed that much in a couple months."

"I felt the same way, which is why I overlooked all of his worrisome behavioral habits." She admitted.