"Are you gonna go see Miguel?" Diane asked, sitting next to Carly on the hospital bed.

"What's the point? He's in a coma." Carly sighed, resting her head on her mother's shoulder.

"When someone's in a coma, you know that they can hear you, right?" Diane quirked a brow even though Carly couldn't see.

"That's bullshit if you ask me." Carly murmured out.

Diane rolled her eyes, standing up and pulling Carly off the bed.

"It isn't bullshit, now come on, I'm taking you to see Miguel rather you like it or not." Diane said, dragging Carly out of the room.

Carly was silent as she and Diane walked the short distance to Miguel's room.

The two stopped at the door, Carly looking down at her feet.

Diane rolled her eyes, pushing Carly into the room.

Diane walked into the room, dragging the chair in the corner right next to Miguel's bed.

Diane held Carly's shoulders, sitting her down on the chair.

Diane then took a step backward, folding her arms as she stood at the door, leaning against it and looking out the room.

Carly rolled her eyes before she finally took in Miguel's state.

He was in a large neck brace, shirtless, his arms laying at his side.

Carly sucked in a breath, trailing a finger on Miguel's hand.

"Uh, hi, Miguel. It's um, Carly." Carly cleared her throat. "My mom told me that you can uh hear me, but I don't really think you can."

Diane rolled her eyes, a ghost smile on her lips.

"Uh, Aisha moved away. Her parents made her block us all on everything and then they just left. It honestly really sucks, I'm gonna miss her a lot." Carly licked her dry lips, swallowing her spit. "I haven't really spoken to anyone besides Anna and Andy. I cut Hawk and Sam and everyone else off. I don't know why but I did."

Carly sighed, thinking of what else to say.

"They haven't found my dad yet. They gave up searching for him. They have a bounty on his name but the police aren't searching anymore." Carly said before she went silent for a few moments. Diane thought that the girl had fallen asleep and was about to check up on her before Carly spoke up again. "You know the saying you never miss the well till it runs dry? I think that applies to our relationship. I thought that I could let you go, let the water run dry, but now that the water is dry, I just wanna cry. For days."

Carly sniffled, shaking her head.

"I just really wish you were awake. You're so strong, Miguel. Please fight it, you can wake up, I believe in you." Carly said, her voice quavering as she slipped her hand into Miguel's.

"Please, please, please wake up. Please. Miguel, wake up!" Carly yelled, crying.

Diane rushed into the room, pulling Carly away as she wrapped her arms around her daughter.

Carly cried into Diane's clothes.

Suddenly, Miguel's machine started beeping rapidly.

Carly and Diane snapped their head towards Miguel, eyes widening.

Diane pushed Carly to the side, dragging the chair away from the bed.

"Doctor! We need a doctor in here right now!" Diane screamed as loudly as she can.

A few doctors and nurses rushed into the room almost immediately.

Carly stood in the corner of the room as her mother wrapped her in an embrace.

"Mom, what's going on?!" Carly sobbed out in horror, the worse situations running through her mind. "Mom?"

One of the nurses rushed towards Carly and Diane, a smile on her face.

"He's awake!"

🥋

A//N

guess whos back, back, back again, 'gain, back for more

ME

AHHHH EPISODE ONE OF S3 IS DONE AND IK THIS CHAOTER WAS SOO SHORT BUT WTV

IM SO EXCITED FOR MY SLOWBURN COUPLE TO FINALLY REALIZE THAT THEY LOVE EACH OTHER MORE THAN ANYTHING

BUT BE AWARE THIS SEASON IS GONNA HURT A LOT OF US I THINK 🥲

anyways tgats all for now

cyaa