Chapter 1 The Magnificent Seven

Magsimula sa umpisa

'Seventeen. You think it would be ''Apocalypse Now'', but it's been five days and bubkis,' Sam looks at Dean confused. 'What are the demons waiting for?'

'Beats me,' Sam responds.

'It's driving me crazy. I tell you, if it's gonna be war, I wish it would just start already,'

'I don't know, man. Be careful what you wish for,'

The next morning, Sam, Dean and Hermione pull up outside a farmhouse. Dean gets out munching on a burger. The air is filled with the sound of cicadas

'Hear those cicadas?' Sam asks.

'That can't be a good sign,' Dean responds.

'No. No, it can't,'

Bobby walks over towards them. 'So, we're eating bacon cheeseburgers for breakfast, are we?'

'Well, I sold my soul. Got a year to live. I ain't sweating the cholesterol,'

'So, Bobby, what do you think? We got a biblical plague here or what?' Sam asks.

'Well, let's find out. Looks like the swarm is ground zero,'

Dean pounds on the farmhouse door. 'Candygram!' There is no answer but cicadas chirping. Hermione uses her magic to open the door. They cover their noses in disgust as the smell from the house hits them.

'That's awful,' Sam points out.

'That so can't be a good sign,' Dean enters first, Sam behind him with a gun drawn. Hermione walks in after them with her wand ready. They creep through the house, stopping in the second room, they can hear what sounds like panicked screams.

'You hear that?' Sam asks. They kick open the next door. The sounds turn out to be coming from a television set. A family of three is seated on the couch, several days dead. Sam, Dean and Hermione recoil at the increased stench. 'Oh, my god,' Bobby enters through the other side of the room and also recoils in horror. 'Bobby, what the hell happened here?'

'I don't know,'

'Check for sulfur,' Dean informs them.

'Yeah,' The four of them investigate the room. Dean hears a noise out front and whistles quietly, then signals to the others that he's going to go check it out. Bobby, Sam and Hermione circle around the other direction. Dean exits cautiously, gun drawn and looks around. As he comes around the house he is knocked to the ground by a man with a shotgun. A woman comes up behind him.

Bobby comes around from the other side with Hermione. 'Isaac? Tamara?'

'Bobby. What the hell are you doing here?' The woman Tamara asks.

'I could ask the same,'

'Heya, Bobby,'

Dean raises his arm pitifully from the ground and waves for attention. 'Hello. Bleeding here,' Hermione chuckles before rushing over to help him.

Sam, Dean, Hermione and Bobby are at Isaac and Tamara's place. Dean was on his phone.

'Jenny! That is a beautiful name. That's my sister's name, actually,'

'Honey? Where is the Palo Santo?' Isaac asks.

'Well, where did you leave it?'

'I don't know, dear. That's why I'm asking,'

'Palo Santo?' Sam asks.

'It's holy wood, from Peru. It's toxic to demons like holy water. Keeps the bastards nailed down while you're exercising them,' Tamara answers. She digs in a bag and pulls out a large, pointed stake. She hands it to Isaac with an affectionate smile.