"I don't care."

The boy smiled at her and she gave a half-smile back. "Go on then, introduce yourself."

"Black. Regulus Black," he held out his hand. Jasmine took it and shook it.

"Potter. Ja—"

"Jasmine Potter, I know," he interrupted. "My parents told me about you."

"Good or bad?" she pondered.

"Bad. We're Blacks. We usually don't get on well with Potters."

"I'm sure we can change that," Jasmine said. "Friends?"

Regulus nodded. "Friends."

***

Jasmine turned around and picked up her last bag. She wiped her face, only now realising she'd been crying.

She walked down and out of the common rooms. Regulus stood there, waiting for her. She ran up to him and hugged him, emotions overwhelming her.

"I love you so much," she said. Regulus let out a low chuckle.

"Where'd that come from?" he asked, smiling down at her.

"We might not see each other for a while. It's like you said, our families," Jasmine explained.

"Well, we've still got the ride on the train," he said. He kisses the top of her head. "Don't worry, my love."

She looked up and they both stood smiling at each other for so long that they ended up bursting out into laughter. Regulus's beautiful smile caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach.

Jasmine stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "I'll see you on Hogwarts Express, okay?"

"Okay, my angel."

Hours and hours later, Jasmine sighed with relief as she sat down in a train compartment. That was it, her last time being in Hogwarts Express. She had been walking around Hogwarts for ages, trying to take in as much as she could, since she would never see it again.

She sat, waiting for Regulus and as she examined the seats in front of her, she realised it was the same compartment they sat in third year:

"Jasmine! Tell me!"

Jasmine shook her head, glaring at Regulus, who sat on the seat across from her.

"Really, I won't say anything. You're my best friend and you know I wouldn't tell a soul!"

She sighed. Stupidly, she told Regulus she liked someone and now he's nagging at her to tell him who. But she doesn't want to.

"Give me hints, alright?" Regulus asked.

He didn't want to know that badly. Really, he hoped it was him. Maybe that's why she hesitated to tell him?

Don't get your hopes up, Regulus, a voice in his head told him. It's not you.

But he listened anyway as she nodded and gave her first hint.

"They're a close friend of mine," she said. Regulus's face lit up with joy.

"Go on.. do I know them?"

"Mm. Do you?" she pretended to ponder. "I'm pretty sure you do. You know them quite well!"

Regulus smiled. "And?"

"And they're quite a sarcastic, mean person," she said. "But they show the people they love just how much they love them."

That sounds familiar, Regulus told himself. Could it really be me?

"One more hint, okay? What house are they?"

Jasmine hesitated. She bit her lip and groaned.

"Do I have to say?!" she asked. "That'd give it away!"

"Just say it, Jas," he nudged.

"Fine. They're a..."

Regulus watched her carefully as she decided whether to say it or not. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Gryffindor."

His smile faded and his heart sank. What did he expect? For her to actually like him. They were best friends, nothing more. He swallowed the lump in his throat and spoke, his throat extremely dry.

"Who is it?"

"Don't tell anyone, Reggie," she said, holding out her pinky finger. He crossed his pinky finger with hers and nodded. "Mary McDonald.."

He pretended to be happy and excited, but deep down he wanted her to like him. He thought he liked her since they met but never actually cared until now.

"Reg? You won't tell her, will you?"

He shook his head, his face blank and his mouth frowning. She nodded and laid her head on the back of the seat, resting her eyes.

He watched her, taking in every detail of her face. She truly was beautiful. But she was his best friend and he was hers. And they couldn't break rule number six.

"Night, Jas."

She peeked a smile.

"Night, Reg.."

***

There was a knock on the compartment door. Regulus slid the door open and sat next to her, resting his head on her lap.

"Hello," she giggled, playing with his hair. "Tired?"

"So tired," he groaned.

"Sleep, Reg."

"Mm, okay. Goodnight."

Jasmine carried on playing with his hair until he fell asleep, his breathing becoming heavy, his mouth partly open.

"I love you," she said softly, knowing he couldn't hear her. It didn't matter. It replayed in her head everyday.

She loves him. She loves him. She loves him. She loves him.

And being with him never changed. Every time she saw him, it was butterflies she felt in her stomach. And whenever she was with him, it was as if she was on the highest cloud.

As if she was in ...

Silks of heaven.