Simula

Simula

"Oy, nakuha ka?" someone asks me with a smile on her face.

"I didn't make it to the final," I apologize with a genuine bow, my hands glued behind my nose. As I swivel around, I see him.

My eyebrows heft. What is he doing here? A smile slowly lingers on my lips. He grins while striding elegantly to me, with his hands in his trousers' pocket.

"W-what are you doing here?" my voice rambles.

He raises an eyebrow, craning his sight towards the dress I am wearing just an hour ago. And then back to me, his gaze now beyond speculating, looking for another hint of proof to reason out.

"Why... why are you wearing that?" He points at the dress, and I frown.

I get panicked. I have nothing to say. My mouth is stifled in a sudden grip. He looks to the side, and the glam team glances at us, but they avoid eye contact with him.

When the team pulls out of the room, he confesses: "I'm so mad at you right now. Do you know that?"

I look at my heels. "I... I am sorry if I disappoint you. But I want you to know that I am doing my best, that I give my all to satisfy you."

"Then I'm not," he snarls, his hand is reaching into his pocket for something. "I want to give you this, but I changed my mind."

A small drip of liquid stumbles down my cheeks. "Dad, I know I'm not the best daughter in your eyes, but I want you to realize that I am doing my best, to be the best."

"Well, you haven't had that much luck, have you?" His voice hammers my heart. "And you agreed to our conditions. You know in the first place that I don't want this for you, because I know you can't."

Yeah, maybe he's right—No, don't listen to him. You will get that one no matter what happens. Don't ever stoop to lower your standard. Improve the quality instead.

"I'm done with you. I cannot support this... trashy dream you want," he says as if it were a final word and continues, "and don't ever go back to my house asking for comfort, because you can't get that from me. You betrayed me!"

I cross my feet while sitting on the silicon-coated silver chair. "I am sorry for not being enough for you."

He cackles. "Begin with tears. End with pain."

I close my eyes as the door makes a noise. I hasten to fix my hair with the round brush that was branded by the glam team. I remove my mascara and look to the side, clasping my hands as if praying for something.

This will never be easy. But I'll fight until he realizes that I can.